Element Hotel at 536 Lafayette (15 stories/150'; 205 rooms; 4,300 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space; 3,265 sq. ft. meeting space; one level underground valet garage)

markhollin

41 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

The shape is kind of interesting, at least it's not another predictable box.

First word that came to my mind... INTERESTING! 

That Lafayette corridor could be really cool with an eclectic mix of buildings of different wedge shapes. Hoping they don't try to put "Boxes" aligned with the downtown grid. I believe one of the towers on the south side of Lafayette is designed to be (what I call) "boxing" the triangle. I'll go and see which one it is, but I believe it's the one that has an overhang (next to the little stone church).  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, andywildman said:

First no-parking hotel to be built in the last 50+ years?

I was wondering about that too.  It seems like a significant percentage of tourists drive here and would need a place to park their car.  They must have thought this through though or they wouldn't be building it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

I was wondering about that too.  It seems like a significant percentage of tourists drive here and would need a place to park their car.  They must have thought this through though or they wouldn't be building it. 

They must be targeting tourists or business folk shuttled from and to the airport. I wonder if there will be a internal restaurant.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Element Hotel at 536 Lafayette (15 stories/150'; 205 rooms; 4,300 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space; 3,265 sq. ft. meeting space; one level underground valet garage)

Dandgure's and Arnold's were the premiere meat and threes in Nashville IMO. Our restaurant scene was once known for its meat and three places, but no longer. Fortunately, those of us who like that kind of food can still get it in its best version at Monell's, though that isn't technically a meat and three. The Puckett's meat and three in Leiper's Fork is high quality and  is housed in an authentic old general, store.  The Dotson's in Franklin was a good one, visited by many celebrities, but unfortunately gone. Satsuma on Union Street with its turnip greens and chocolate pie was one of the best. The  political movers and shakers had a table  reserved there in the upstairs room.                     

• Thanks 1