New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

24 minutes ago, markhollin said:

"A draft conceptual design rendering of new Nashville NFL Stadium.  Courtesy of Tennessee Titans."

Looks really similar to Hard Rock in Miami. Amy Adams Strunk has said for years she liked their stadium design so this isn't surprising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

In the Tennessean it has a footnote under the rendering that says Tennessee Titans.

image.png.44b8560e73d5254afba165f16697fd3e.png

But, lets all remember this is just a conceptual rendering of the area.  It is not intended to imply how a stadium or surrounding buildings will be designed.  It is merely a conceptual view of how the area could potentially be laid out and developed.

100%! This is a very important key to remember.

Otherwise I would be verrrrry critical of how badly this rendering fails at activating the riverfront.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The stadium design itself really looks like Geodis Park with a roof on top. It's still just a rough preliminary rendering I know, but interesting nonetheless. Some of the building massing around the stadium looks a bit taller than I was even expecting, so that's a plus at least.

• Like 1

I don't think the NFL has a flat retractable roof unless there's one recently.  I wonder how well that would do with rain.  Sloped roofs are usually better able to seal against the elements. At least that's what I've been told. I suppose a flat roof would do ok with gutters, but what happens when the rain recently finished and they decide to open the roof....  :tw_grimace:

On 4/13/2022 at 3:02 PM, natethegreat said:

Their leverage ratio would be extremely high if they funded the entire $2b+ stadium. It’s not my goal to shill for billionaires, but I simply don’t think they have the capacity to do it.

This is 100% correct. It's like buying a Yukon Denali when you make $75k a year. Can you do it? Yes. Is it really dumb. Yes. 

• Like 1

The Titans said an enclosed stadium would create 15 additional ticket events per year, with $225 million in direct spending compared to the current stadium. Since the team's move to Nashville in 1998, the Titans calculated games have provided $124 million in sales tax revenue. The 7% inside the stadium sales tax currently breaks down to the Metro Sports Authority, Metro's general fund and Metro's education budget.

As part of building the new stadium, the Titans plan to create retail, office and residential buildings, building to the tune of $4 billion in construction costs. The organization said it would build out the campus throughout the next decade.

More ate News Channel 5 here:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/titans-release-rendering-of-proposed-new-stadium-price-tag

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Titans said an enclosed stadium would create 15 additional ticket events per year, with $225 million in direct spending compared to the current stadium. Since the team's move to Nashville in 1998, the Titans calculated games have provided $124 million in sales tax revenue. The 7% inside the stadium sales tax currently breaks down to the Metro Sports Authority, Metro's general fund and Metro's education budget.

As part of building the new stadium, the Titans plan to create retail, office and residential buildings, building to the tune of $4 billion in construction costs. The organization said it would build out the campus throughout the next decade.

More ate News Channel 5 here:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/titans-release-rendering-of-proposed-new-stadium-price-tag

So…is it the Titans or the city (or both) that will be in charge of building out the $4 Billion development in that area?  Who is ultimately in charge of deciding what will go there around the stadium?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

So…is it the Titans or the city (or both) that will be in charge of building out the $4 Billion development in that area?  Who is ultimately in charge of deciding what will go there around the stadium?

Good question. The lack of clear communication and the rushed nature seems not good. With development of this scale we need to take our time. If that means it is not ready until 2027 or beyond so be it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

This is the thing I alluded to earlier in this thread when I suggested that the "$700 Million from the Titans" is actually going to turn out to be the Titans saying they will "give up" a revenue share from future development, with the Titans presuming they are overseeing the development. Of course, this makes no sense.  The only way you don't end up with a "neighborhood" of cramped blocks  full of short term rental "apartment" buildings is if Metro remains fully in control of their land, and that only works if the adults get involved, i.e. not this Mayor's office.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

So right now there is currently no special entertainment district that diverts those funds going to the those three sources and the General Fund and Education Fund still struggles to support the city (and clearly underpay our teachers). How will a new stadium, subsidized by special tax district that diverts money - even if it is more tax revenue - going to benefit those two funds? We can talk about real estate taxes till the cows come home, but I am pretty sure the state caps how much money Metro can bring in from those taxes, so really all it will do is lower my taxes and the wealthy folks in Bellemeade/Greens Hill's taxes while bringing in new taxes from these properties, but net-net it is a wash.

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Titans are supposedly liquidating everything they have to help with financing the stadium, yet still think they would be able to build out a $4 billion development in less time than a multi-billion dollar corp like Oracle? I find that very phishy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

According to Axios Nashville,  the TN Senate Finance Committee removed the $500 MM funding from the Governor's amended budget today.  The funding was approved by the House Finance Committee,  so still negotiations to come on what terms and conditions may be needed to get it into the budget.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2