Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

Is there any chance that the second tower will switch to residential?  There is strong demand for housing, and outside of a certain large city in the north, it seems that there’s not much demand for office space anywhere else.   It would be a shame to wait five years for an office tenant, especially since there are so many places to build office towers in SouthEnd and in Uptown whenever demand returns.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is there any chance that the second tower will switch to residential?  There is strong demand for housing, and outside of a certain large city in the north, it seems that there’s not much demand for office space anywhere else.   It would be a shame to wait five years for an office tenant, especially since there are so many places to build office towers in SouthEnd and in Uptown whenever demand returns.

who knows I guess it could be a possibility but for right now I think they are concentrating on getting this apartment tower up and open.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have learned that in Charlotte now unless a rezoning is involved most heights are to the highest floor but don't count roof ornaments or parapets.   That looks about right to me and if anyone knows differently like a contractor please tell us.  In Nashville they have the building heights to the inch but here in Charlotte we seem to have wait until it is completed unless someone tells us. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DJ8hep said:

After walking by the site yesterday I got curious and tried to do a little digging… I think I have a theory on how tall the residential tower is…

The approved LD submittal indicated the top floor is 476'-10" from street level. using that number and with some eyeballing (haha more like rough scaling from the website rendering) I got a height of about 548’-6” +/- 

Let me know your thoughts!

@CLT Development  @KJHburg

ca0fc68fb2e5ee373675ec3c5ed02937fc453e3af4f09a930aa5c22d4b9d82de.png

I’m not sure how you’re estimating that number? Maybe I’m missing something. If the top floor is 476 feet- the ornamental top only looks to be at most 30 feet higher than the top floor. Which puts this just over 500 feet. 

Another person here also keeps quoting this as 596 feet tall. There is no way this building is taller than The Vue. 

Not to complicate things further but that rendering is 40 floors, and they announced 45.

Edit: Not to COMPLICATE IT MORE  but I found the approved planning document that called the residential tower at 417 and the Office Tower at 535, and we all know that's definitely not right, considering the renderings. 

image.thumb.png.afb39e54e54fab5762c4a86b957a5b90.png

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Not to complicate things further but that rendering is 40 floors, and they announced 45.

Edit: Not to COMPLICATE IT MORE  but I found the approved planning document that called the residential tower at 417 and the Office Tower at 535, and we all know that's definitely not right, considering the renderings. 

One would hope the documents Planning/Permitting/Inspections uses is accurate since zoning and building code issues could vary based on the actual/real building height(s). I would think building elevations used for permit issuance would be public record, no?

1 hour ago, carolinaboy said:

I would think building elevations used for permit issuance would be public record, no?

Building Elevations are no longer downloadable on the planning site, they haven't been for a couple of years. I've voiced my frustration with this for a while to the planning department.

• Like 3

On 3/7/2024 at 6:27 PM, JorgiPorgi said:

I’m not sure how you’re estimating that number? Maybe I’m missing something. If the top floor is 476 feet- the ornamental top only looks to be at most 30 feet higher than the top floor. Which puts this just over 500 feet. 

Another person here also keeps quoting this as 596 feet tall. There is no way this building is taller than The Vue. 

I was using the top floor as a reference and then scaling the 2-point rendering based on the height from LD - not the most accurate but gives a better ballpark guess!

On 3/7/2024 at 6:43 PM, CLT Development said:

It appears we are back to the drawing boards for trying to figure out the height! When was this document approved?

9 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Building Elevations are no longer downloadable on the planning site, they haven't been for a couple of years. I've voiced my frustration with this for a while to the planning department.

Even just a simple profile view would suffice! I definitely understand the need to make changes during the construction process but it would be great to get the planned height info of all these towers under construction!

Edited by DJ8hep
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, QCxpat said:

Today 9:15 a.m.  -  45-story residential tower, height: 596 ft./181.6 m.

It’s so funny how everyone laughed at me months back when I said that this would be the tallest residential tower in the city slightly above the Vue and this is the post I was waiting for someone else to post. I should go and find that thread…

• Like 1