Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

1 hour ago, CLT Development said:

I have literally no interest in talking about other places. I am usually the person who gives people crap for talking about absolutely irrelevant and unattainable things in other cities. Be serious.

And I will now join the numerous people who have shared to me that they muted you. 

But you were the one who mentioned Brooklyn & “anywhere in the US”. So. I am serious with that. 

& I don’t care who you mute, so. You quoted me. You replied to me. Numerous times. It only seems fitting you be the one to mute me, so. 

Edit: in response to the profanity below,  I did not bring up my personal habits, I did not allude to anywhere else and picked the most basic routine things that already exist in Charlotte in response to your list to me listing off urgent cares and dentist that I don’t consider to be every day errands. You mentioned NY. You quoted me up & down. And Instead of just muting like you said you were, you use profanity (something I don’t do, so you won’t get profanity back in kind from me.) 

IMG_2998.thumb.jpeg.6fcf41fa004517a2cbf02d34dab3a8a4.jpeg

IMG_2999.thumb.jpeg.470688cae7aedff74e4976b1beac2eaa.jpeg

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

But you were the one who mentioned Brooklyn & “anywhere in the US”. So. I am serious with that. 

& I don’t care who you mute, so. You quoted me. You replied to me. Numerous times. It only seems fitting you be the one to mute me, so. 

Edit: in response to the profanity below,  I did not bring up my personal habits, I did not allude to anywhere else and picked the most basic routine things that already exist in Charlotte in response to your list to me listing off urgent cares and dentist that I don’t consider to be every day errands. You mentioned NY. You quoted me up & down. And Instead of just muting like you said you were, you use profanity (something I don’t do, so you won’t get profanity back in kind from me.) 

IMG_2998.thumb.jpeg.6fcf41fa004517a2cbf02d34dab3a8a4.jpeg

IMG_2999.thumb.jpeg.470688cae7aedff74e4976b1beac2eaa.jpeg

You very wrongly said that people living here would have to use a car "very often" with your example being them having to take an hour round trip to go to the grocery store ( only a 10-minute walk away, but you excluded Whole Foods for some reason). I simply stated a very minimal amount of things, including daily needs like grocery or pharmacy, weekly and monthly needs, and tons of entertainment options all of which could all be easily satisfied on foot.

In response, as some sort of gotcha, you listed a whole ton of weekend activities like shopping that you were able to do on transit, and have since edited. In the present, these items could be done in the rare moment someone living in an urban setting needs a car. If I was going to any of the aforementioned spots I'd probably use my wife's car, or ride transit there and uber back if it wasn't available.

Reducing the 78% of Charlotte households that own TWO cars should be our first priority, which gets 100,000s of cars off the road. 

Edited by CLT Development
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RANYC said:

Not even sure CATS has the capacity to handle this, but something like a "Critical Mass Bus Ridership" event once or twice a month might be something, borrowing from the current Critical Mass concept for cycling.  Sleek and sexy fleet might also work?  Route report cards might help too, where periodic grades are given to routes based on reliability / lack of "exceptions" during the period.  Decorated buses for the major holidays.  Corporate Sponsorships of entire Routes instead of just flyers on individual buses.  Partner with companies to promote internal affinity groups such as a "Friends of Transit" network to promote and celebrate transit ridership within the company.  Perhaps that's even a way companies can boost their ESG scores.  Just thinking out loud here.

Theres a lot of great ideas here. 

• Like 3