Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

2 hours ago, Genesis704 said:

Given the height and surrounding building, this is going to look crazy tall in SE, think the vue, since it absolutely dominates everything surrounding it.

The difference is this surrounding area is going to be developed a lot faster than the VUE area 

• Like 4

On 4/20/2024 at 9:55 AM, KJHburg said:

here is the rendering of the apartment tower it is good to see what is being built there as a reminder.

and with towers proposed across the street at Carson Tryon project by Crescent and the 2nd tower at QB the office tower it will have plenty of company soon enough.    But it will stand out and that is a good thing for sure for its height. 

IMG_3672.jpg

Any update on the Carson Tryon project?  Stalled due to rates and tight financial conditions or moving forward?

4 hours ago, RANYC said:

Any update on the Carson Tryon project?  Stalled due to rates and tight financial conditions or moving forward?

they are working on securing a tenant and I had heard they would start this year.  the hotel and apartments are ready to go as part of the project.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

That's weird it is missing now.  I had the link saved. 

I noticed it was redirecting to the Clark Construction gallery on Friday.  I was hoping it was just down temporarily, but that might not be the case. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Nothing is ready to go, the entire development is contingent on there being an office component. It cannot be built in phases. (referencing Carson). I do know that when I created my map for Center City Partner's State of the Center City the developer Crescent asked for me to reference a Q4 2024 Start, and that they were bullish on this.

Do you think that Crescent might drop the office component and augment the residential and hotel space?

Also, are most people back to full-time, in-office work in Charlotte ?  In the Triangle, most people that I know still work remotely, though this apparently is an enduring trend for tech jobs.  This is undermining the office recovery in the Bay Area.

I wasn’t  sure if Charlotte  is different  since it’s a finance center.  Another large finance center apparently is up to 80%  of pre-pandemic levels of full-time in office.  Further, there’s such an enormous demand for new space that rents up to $200/sf are becoming common for new, Class-A space, and many mega-towers are planned.

I hope that Charlotte is experiencing the same thing.  However, if Charlotte is not yet at that point, and there’s no reasonable guess as to when - if ever - it will be, it makes sense to drop the office component of this project and reallocate that space to housing.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

Most of uptown is either back, or about to be back, to at least 4 days in the office. 

As far as Crescent goes, they would have to redesign and build something completely different to go to all residential and hotel. I think they believe that they can get an office tenant. They have received significant interest, and numerous friends/contacts in the office leasing industry have told me that "If we had new space in our inventory we could fill it tomorrow, we just don't have that space." And before you say "well what about 110 East," I don't think they've positioned that building well from a marketing standpoint, and the main contact isn't even in Charlotte. I'll be touring that building May 1st tho, so I'll report back :-).

That’s fantastic.  Hopefully, Crescent will secure a tenant this year.

What’s the total square footage of the office component, and how much of a pre-lease is required before Crescent starts?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Most of uptown is either back, or about to be back, to at least 4 days in the office. 

As far as Crescent goes, they would have to redesign and build something completely different to go to all residential and hotel. I think they believe that they can get an office tenant. They have received significant interest, and numerous friends/contacts in the office leasing industry have told me that "If we had new space in our inventory we could fill it tomorrow, we just don't have that space." And before you say "well what about 110 East," I don't think they've positioned that building well from a marketing standpoint, and the main contact isn't even in Charlotte. I'll be touring that building May 1st tho, so I'll report back :-).

interested to hear your experience there.

15 hours ago, j-man said:

Are they working on the office portion? Looks like they cleared off lots of the dirt that was on that end. Just asking. I know things like this are usually done in phases but I saw some movement there and was curious. 

IMG_8108.jpeg

I think that mound of soil was there to help compact it (one of the ways to do it) I probably would assume one reason is because of the basement that they filled under cabaret. Don’t know if removing it means it’ll start but it probably means they got the settlement they wanted in the soil. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JRCLT said:

I think that mound of soil was there to help compact it (one of the ways to do it) I probably would assume one reason is because of the basement that they filled under cabaret. Don’t know if removing it means it’ll start but it probably means they got the settlement they wanted in the soil. 

I was thinking this too but wondered if there was better news lol. Thank you.

• Haha 1