Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

17 hours ago, queensguy06 said:

Riverside's Denver development 1900 Lawrence is struggling to find tenants. Built as 700,000 sqft office spec, as of February 1st it was only 4.4% pre-leased and is scheduled to be completed in the next month or so.

I know there was an anchor tenant mentioned to lease space in the Charlotte office tower and it's not an apples to apples comparison with 1900 Lawrence, but the overall office market is still really soft. I could see the Queensbridge office component being delayed for some time and might even get scaled back in size. I also wonder if the residential tower does well if they may alter the site plan to include an additional residential tower as opposed to office?

EDIT:  It looks like the 4.4% pre-leased for 1900 Lawrence is one law firm that acquired 31,000 sqft back at the end of 2022 when construction on the building had started.

Riverside's Denver development 1900 Lawrence? 

40 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Anybody who thinks that proposed office building is going to get built anytime soon if ever is fooling nobody but themselves. Just look at the latest inflation report that came out today. Yikes.

I'm sure a tower will be built there at some point. It may not be purely office as planned, but something will be built, even if we have to wait a while.

• Like 4

Since Charlotte, like NY, has a lot of financial institutions,  the prospects look good for the foreseeable future, especially compared with other cities.

[url]https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-04-10/nyc-return-to-office-rate-nears-80-driven-by-wall-street-banks?embedded-checkout=true[/url]

“New York City’s Return-to-Office Rate Nears 80%, Driven by Banks“

By Nacha Cattan
April 10, 2024 at 3:22 PM EDT

“Wall Street firms including Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co. have helped push New York City’s return-to-office ….”

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Don't be sad, you'll then see a 16 floor building instead of a 6 floor one!

That’s true!

I’m confident that an anchor tenant will be found soon.  A long-rumored anchor was announced today for a new 1,600’ tower in another US financial center.  Finance-oriented  companies expect workers to come to the office.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, j-man said:

I heard someone while walking around SouthEnd telling the person that they were with that this is just going to be another 6 story apartment building. I laughed! Have they been living under a rock!? They really think this has topped out. 🤣

Its amazing to me that people would think that, considering how skinny the building is, and the fact its concrete lol.

• Haha 1