The Sinclair, 27 stories, 315', 334 residential units; 31,500 sq. ft. retail; 13,040 sq. ft. restaurant; underground garage

markhollin

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

Correct. It appears to be approved with conditions (very typical). One of the conditions will be allocating $1.25 million for off-site improvements (priority by number).

1. A pathway along the eastern section of Centennial Park
  2. West End at 25th Ave N intersection
  3. West End at Natchez Trace intersection
  4. West End at Louise Ave intersection
  5. Elliston Place at 24th Ave N intersection

These improvements need to be completed prior to final certificate of occupancy is issued for the building.

The project team still need to present amended plans and elevations per the above conditions and others noted in the SP prior to any permits being issued (it appears these have  been summitted as of beginning of this month). They appear to be working through their Stormwater and Building permit as we speak (both have been applied for)

I get the need to improve traffic flow wherever developers are adding to traffic, but is this just for walkways? That crook in Elliston Place just east of 25th is rather narrow and can be nasty at rush hour. Is that something that's been looked into for improving flow, including a turn lane, signalling, and possibly aligning a crosswalk across both West End and Elliston Place?  However I don't understand why the Louise/West End intersection is included here, especially with 23rd Avenue not included. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MorganRehnberg said:

That’s a bummer. I would think that residential on the edge of a big park like Centennial would be a slam dunk. I lived next to a big park in a prior city and the quality of life bump was huge. 

The number of floors is unchanged. They cut the down the ornamental top of the building. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Still looks great, and is a vastly improved product than what was previously there . Good to see that some projects are still moving forward, this will be a big plus. 

Agreed completely.  I was wrong to assume that they were just lopping off the incline at the top.  Still looks great!

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Any updates on starting construction?  Just checking because I'm going to be really upset if that cleared lot stays there for an indefinite period of time.  They started demolition on existing buildings in November of 2022.  I wish there was some better way to coordinate all components of approvals, permitting, site clearing, etc. so that lots aren't cleared months or worse years prior to actual start of construction.  These vacate lots become eyesores with the fencing and temporary signage that isn't maintained well after they go up.

• Like 4