The Sinclair, 27 stories, 315', 334 residential units; 31,500 sq. ft. retail; 13,040 sq. ft. restaurant; underground garage

markhollin

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Demo will begin on the site as fencing is up and $153,125 permit landed to take down the structures that formerly housed Rite Aid, Smoothie King, Rotier's, and Emma's Flowers. Unique Restorations will handle the razing. 

Ground breaking for the 27 story tower is still planned for late this year.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-demo-looms-at-key-west-end-site/article_1dcc891a-5e2a-11ed-9ab0-f3fced0f6396.html

Exterior demo started this morning on the Emma's side.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Thanks!  I wonder if the developer had proposed to incorporate the Firestone building into a new tower on the rest of the properties, if the city would have allowed the developer to go up to 50-60 floors?  Would be nice to see the old brick portion  continued around the first 3 levels from the street, and the old canopy enclosed with something like a restaurant/retail. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Thanks!  I wonder if the developer had proposed to incorporate the Firestone building into a new tower on the rest of the properties, if the city would have allowed the developer to go up to 50-60 floors?  Would be nice to see the old brick portion  continued around the first 3 levels from the street, and the old canopy enclosed with something like a restaurant/retail. 

50-60 floors here? That would look like a needle to the heavens 

• Like 1

Demo underway along Elliston Place; fencing up around the site.

Looking east from intersection of 25th Ave. North and West End Ave:

Sinclair, Nov 8, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking west from West End Ave., 1/4 block east of 25th Ave. North:

Sinclair, Nov 8, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking west from West End Ave., 1/2 block east of 25th Ave. North:

Sinclair, Nov 8, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking south from Elliston Place, 1/2 block east of 25th Ave. North:

Sinclair, Nov 8, 2022, 1.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

I'll miss that pink building........

I seem to recall it was a restaurant back when I was at Vandy. I even vaguely remember eating a meal there, but if it's the same place I recall it was incredibly expensive for a college kid. Anyone remember that place? Name? 

Always liked the Rotiers building. It was such a weird little building like you'd find in a lot of old industrial cities from the 1910-20s; a commercial building built to look like a house. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I seem to recall it was a restaurant back when I was at Vandy. I even vaguely remember eating a meal there, but if it's the same place I recall it was incredibly expensive for a college kid. Anyone remember that place? Name? 

Always liked the Rotiers building. It was such a weird little building like you'd find in a lot of old industrial cities from the 1910-20s; a commercial building built to look like a house. 

A name that popped into my head was - Julian's. Could that be it?

• Thanks 2

The Sinclair is now going to be 315' instead of 375', although the floor count will remain at 27 and units will still be 334.  They are simply going to make the distance between floors shorter. No reasons have been given. This will now make it essentially the same height as the Vanderbilt University Tower (310'), which is directly across West End Avenue to the south.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/height-reduced-for-future-west-end-tower/article_0aea1b68-61dc-11ed-ad69-a3dd7ba0d0de.html

Updated renderings:

Sinclair, Nov 11, 2022, render 1.png

Sinclair, Nov 11, 2022, render 2.png

Sinclair, Nov 11, 2022, render 3.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

• markhollin changed the title to The Sinclair, 27 stories, 315', 334 residential units; 31,500 sq. ft. retail; 13,040 sq. ft. restaurant; underground garage
7 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Sinclair is now going to be 315' instead of 375', although the floor count will remain at 27 and units will still be 334.  They are simply going to make the distance between floors shorter. No reasons have been given. This will now make it essentially the same height as the Vanderbilt University Tower (310'), which is directly across West End Avenue to the south.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/height-reduced-for-future-west-end-tower/article_0aea1b68-61dc-11ed-ad69-a3dd7ba0d0de.html

Updated renderings:

Sinclair, Nov 11, 2022, render 1.png

Sinclair, Nov 11, 2022, render 2.png

Sinclair, Nov 11, 2022, render 3.png

Don't know whose developing this but I hope it results in a colossal financial loss for them.  What they tore down to build this pile of dung doesn't deserve to be rewarded.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, shanky said:

This is a freaking astrocity

I doubt that you will find very much sympathy on this forum about the demolition of the Pepto-Bismol  Monstrocity.  if you want to whine about it, you should be on "I remember Nashville When" instead of Urban Planet.    You will have LOTS of company there.  I personally fail to see your  anger in this unless you can justify why Emma's was such a crown jewel to warrant eternal salvation.  Explain your point of view please so that we can see our error.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 3