East Bank – I-24 to the Cumberland/I-24 Overpass up to Jefferson – 338 Acres, Nissan Stadium, "Imagine East Bank"

downtownresident

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here know the final site plan that's been approved?  Seems like they're still throwing out so many different plans, even when it's been decided to build the new stadium. Is this the one they're planning? Hence the need to "drop" JRP to a lower level for intersecting with East Bank Blvd.? 

image.png.757b814f4c466f2acb04bc5f45784282.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MidTenn1 said:

Apparently, some construction on the East Bank will be subject to the downtown code.

EastBankDTC.jpg.63deaee833353607ee68a6865b410bbc.jpg

Ok. So this is showing a more concrete approach to the Metro owned land. Very interesting that they are ONLY applying it to the properties the fall under the IDA that Fallon is working on. 

Honestly, I am very happy that the DTC is being expanded. I think I had asked several people in the know if this would be the case and early on I was told no. I did hear a rumor that there would be no bonus height and no Overall Height Modifications allowed, so I will be curious to see how this develops.

• Like 4

I've wondered the same thing. Specifically, is the zoning restriction (desired) to be a lower (limited) number of floors or height?  I can imagine a city saying that any building taller than XX floors would be a danger to its occupants b/c of number of floors in case of fire/emergency/etc.  On the other hand, I am aware of FAA restrictions on building height. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I think we should be taller at the river and shorter as you approach East Nashville. This approach to me shows more as turning its back on East Nashville. I get that the highway is there, but stepping down that height would blend the development towards East Nashville

Couldn't agree more.

I also think it makes more sense to be taller nearer the river to help configure East Bank as an extension of the existing downtown.  And then, as you said, step down in height moving toward the interstate to blend into East Nashville. 

Edited by nashville born
  • Thanks 1

I’m with you on this

5 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Couldn't agree more.

I also think it makes more sense be taller nearer the river to help configure East Bank as an extension of the existing downtown.  And then, as you said, step down in height moving toward the interstate to blend into East Nashville. 

Downtown shouldn’t stop just because there’s a river running through it, continuing the height closer to the core just makes sense. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

When they say 30-40 stories, is there also a height limit? Point I’m making is I’ve seen 40 stories @ 400-450 feet and I’ve seen 40 stories @ 500-600 feet depending on floor plate height.

The vast majority of the Downtown Code does not utilize a height measurement in feet. Stories is used for each subdistrict (mostly) and then the General Standards picks up the feet measurement.

image.thumb.png.0d9fe271f3e87810ea92ec8f9778b4a1.png

Utilizing this standard, a 40 floor building on the East Bank could hypothetically top out at 741'. That being said, I would only expect an office building to get that tall due to the use of 18' floor to floor measurement. Residential I would expect closer to 445' to 520' range due to a  10' to 12' floor to floor measurement. This is also utilizing a 25' floor to floor for the first two floors and the top floor, something that very well may not happen. Another caveat to these heights would be rooftop mechanical which, by my understanding, does not count toward the story count (someone with more experience please correct me).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Summary piece at TheTennessean...

East Bank: Private developers line up for slice of new downtown Nashville neighborhood:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2024/05/16/nashville-east-bank-expansion-investors-line-up/73217431007/

They are saying the Residence Inn is supposed to break ground later this year in the fall according to the article above.

This is the project they are referring to below.

Real Estate Notes: Images released for planned East Bank hotel | Development | nashvillepost.com

• Like 2