MEMPHIS & KNOXVILLE/CHATTANOOGA/HUNSTVILLE BOARDS

smeagolsfree

• 5 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

I hope it's as good as the Terminal Brewhouse that it's replacing. I don't know the circumstances around the restaurant's closure, but glad it's something similar is going there. It's a V-shaped footprint, like a mini flatiron building.  The rendering looks like they plan to expand the upstairs beer garden and create one under the extension on the ground level. That's an extremely cool building built around the turn of the last century by a porter who saved his money and built it as a hotel.  When we moved here over 15 years ago, it was vacant along with just about every building around the Choo Choo in the Southside neighborhood. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I hope it's as good as the Terminal Brewhouse that it's replacing. I don't know the circumstances around the restaurant's closure, but glad it's something similar is going there. It's a V-shaped footprint, like a mini flatiron building.  The rendering looks like they plan to expand the upstairs beer garden and create one under the extension on the ground level. That's an extremely cool building built around the turn of the last century by a porter who saved his money and built it as a hotel.  When we moved here over 15 years ago, it was vacant along with just about every building around the Choo Choo in the Southside neighborhood. 

Sad to hear the Terminal closed, that really was a cool building. 

15 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Is this right across the street from the Choo Choo close to where Choo Choo Hot Fish was?

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Is this right across the street from the Choo Choo close to where Choo Choo Hot Fish was?

On the same side of Market Street as the Choo Choo just south of the station.  There's a small freight access street (Station Street) and the Terminal Building is across that street. I think the Hot Fish club was down Market Street closer to the corner with Main, but I'm not sure. I never went there. 

https://goo.gl/maps/F3t8PxTVEXWVeYae9

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, MLBrumby said:

I hope it's as good as the Terminal Brewhouse that it's replacing. I don't know the circumstances around the restaurant's closure, but glad it's something similar is going there. It's a V-shaped footprint, like a mini flatiron building.  

RIP Terminal Brewhouse; the owners had publicly discussed closing due to the lease situation...greener grass lessee apparently.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UrbanWes posted a new project going on Cumberland in Knoxville. Look at the last post on this thread. While you are at it, check out the rest of the E Tn forums and let's get a little more action there. I know Pete is moving to Chattanooga and ML Brumby is there as well, but we really need some posters in Knoxville. Memphis is off and running, so let's go E. TN!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

UrbanWes posted a new project going on Cumberland in Knoxville. Look at the last post on this thread. While you are at it, check out the rest of the E Tn forums and let's get a little more action there. I know Pete is moving to Chattanooga and ML Brumby is there as well, but we really need some posters in Knoxville. Memphis is off and running, so let's go E. TN!

Thanks for the mention Ron. Trying to post more on there to show my home city some love haha. Lots more projects that have been announced/proposed so expect more news everyone! Some of it late I know but there’s a lot to keep up with now so that’s a good sign for development in the city!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

One of my years at UTK I lived in an apartment in a house on White Avenue, which at the time was so quiet (for being only one block off the strip). Looks like that little house will survive this wave of development, but it’s not likely it will be there too much longer.

(images from Google Maps)

3B1D4D5D-0BFE-4A86-B583-42F296188F8B.jpeg

60A61DF2-2EFF-47BC-A4BB-F75C5E980EDD.jpeg

For now. Homes on Lake Avenue are the ones that are currently biting the dust. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...