Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

Yes, but I think we all agree that the delay was beyond the normal delay in construction. I'm factoring in weather delays as well and saying it may be even a bit beyond that. This is a tough project to complete when you consider all the components going in to it. It's a pretty complex building. That being said I think summer/fall 07 would not be out of the question, which would put it in line with Granby and the Westin. Now on to my news. It appears that the piles in one corner of the lot are being dug out already in much the same fashion that they did for Trader prior to the pile caps. I mention this only because I also saw sitting on the site what looked to be supiciously like a yellow section of tower crane. Could they be getting ready for tower cranes this soon? I could be very wrong but that sequence of events peaked my interest.

In regards to the delay, I don't think we will be seeing a fall '07 completion. At the latest, we'll get a summer '07 completion but S.B Ballard has had so many projects that I think it would be very amateur of them to make completion dates without factoring weather and any possible small side projects such as the changing of sewer lines on tazewell st.

As for the the possible section of crane already being erected, that too is the reason I came up here to mention it. That piece was setup this past Monday or Tuesday and I was too wondering if anyone is aware of tower cranes coming soon. It sure does look eerily much like Trader's tower cranes first days just painted in yellow. Hmm, That spring '07 completion date doesn't seem so unrealistic if we are right Vdogg! Do you think we will have tower cranes before Thanksgiving? Hopefully we soon will. (While news on HH seems rewarding in terms of its seeminly rapid progress, lack of news on Hilton seems punishing -_- )

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think we will have tower cranes before Thanksgiving? Hopefully we soon will. (While news on HH seems rewarding in terms of its seeminly rapid progress, lack of news on Hilton seems punishing -_- )

In terms of tower cranes before thanksgiving, if both of our speculation turns out to be right on what is happening currently, then yes, absolutely. As far as Hilton, if no announcement by the end of October that numerous sources have cited as the timeframe, then my confidence in that project will all but disappear.

As far as Hilton, if no announcement by the end of October that numerous sources have cited as the timeframe, then my confidence in that project will all but disappear.

I'm just not sure...they've had so many delays it seems harsh to give them a timeframe they haven't given us. I know a few sources have said october but I want to hear something from FULCO or Johnson himself. Or at least a Pilot artilce.

Had trouble sleeping tonight so I went driving. I passed by HH and noticed that there are now several more pieces of tower crane sitting on the site. It was hard to tell in the dark but they appeared to be orange (not much for the color scheme but whatever gets the job done :huh: ). At either rate, if Trader was any indication they should start erecting those pieces by next week, 2 weeks at the latest. Don't know if this is to be the only crane or if they have another one planned as well.

At either rate, if Trader was any indication they should start erecting those pieces by next week, 2 weeks at the latest.

Great!

Then after HH is done they can go over and throw the pieces in the parking lot of the BB&T in hopes of Hilton getting their asses in gear.

Had trouble sleeping tonight so I went driving. I passed by HH and noticed that there are now several more pieces of tower crane sitting on the site. It was hard to tell in the dark but they appeared to be orange (not much for the color scheme but whatever gets the job done :huh: ). At either rate, if Trader was any indication they should start erecting those pieces by next week, 2 weeks at the latest. Don't know if this is to be the only crane or if they have another one planned as well.

I second that!

I believe they were starting to raise them today if im not mistaken. Its good to see them getting going.

Does anyone know if this is gonna be steel or concrete? Is Trader going to be concrete? I wanna see some steel rising. :thumbsup:

I second that!

I believe they were starting to raise them today if im not mistaken. Its good to see them getting going.

Does anyone know if this is gonna be steel or concrete? Is Trader going to be concrete? I wanna see some steel rising. :thumbsup:

Now if we can just get Hilton going we'll have 5-6 tower cranes operating in a 2 block radius. :)

Had trouble sleeping tonight so I went driving. I passed by HH and noticed that there are now several more pieces of tower crane sitting on the site. It was hard to tell in the dark but they appeared to be orange

Ok, upon closer daylight inspection the pieces appear to be red not orange, so it appears our crane will be red and yellow. Mcdonalds must have a hand in this one.:lol: Also, it doesn't look like they've started putting it together just yet but most likely soon cause that's a lot of stuff to have just sitting around the site.

Ok, upon closer daylight inspection the pieces appear to be red not orange, so it appears our crane will be red and yellow. Mcdonalds must have a hand in this one.:lol: Also, it doesn't look like they've started putting it together just yet but most likely soon cause that a lot of stuff to have just sitting around the site.

Word is going around is that the main reason they have been driving piles specifically on the corner of Boush St. and College Pl. for the last 2 weeks or so is because that is where they plan on adding a second tower crane. I think it could be correct because I remember when pile-driving resumed, they stayed on the corner for a few weeks where the current upcoming tower crane apparently will be placed.

Word is going around is that the main reason they have been driving piles specifically on the corner of Boush St. and College Pl. for the last 2 weeks or so is because that is where they plan on adding a second tower crane. I think it could be correct because I remember when pile-driving resumed, they stayed on the corner for a few weeks where the current upcoming tower crane apparently will be placed.

Good. I can't wait to see this thing in progress. Also this weekend I went DT, my camera batteries died on me, and 388 Boush seems to be moving right along! Also it looked as if Harbors edge is on the 15th floor!

Ok, upon closer daylight inspection the pieces appear to be red not orange, so it appears our crane will be red and yellow. Mcdonalds must have a hand in this one.:lol:

Man if that was really true, it would definitely give new meaning to "mixed-use" building. We got a coffee house, grocery store, parking garage, office, condos, and fast food restaurant with a playplace :lol: On the real though, as much as I like starbucks, I wish the developer attracted a McCafe instead. Their shops tend to have a more intimate feel and their quality is up to par with starbucks yet give a unique style to its drinks, McDonald's style. My uncle bought a cappucinno and they made the McDonald's "M" logo on the top foam. McCafe's have been a huge hit in asia and the only one's I know in America are over in California. They need to bring one over here!

HH Update

Looking out of the window just a few steps from my office, I can see the first section of orange tower crane is being set in place on the Tazewell Street side. I'll probably take a walk near the site before I leave work and see if there is anything else to report on.

Just to let y'all know, the long and tall black crane that erected Trader's Tower cranes has been put together and is currently towering over the Harbor Heights site. They have begun constructing the redish-orange tower crane and pile-driving is also progressing at the same time. Going by the site is complete mayhem. The pile driver is making noise, there are alot of trucks and several small cranes and bulldozers, large number of construction workers, pieces of the tower crane crowds the sites, work continues on Tazewell street for the sewer lines, as well as the aforementioned tower crane construction. It hectic on that site that it is unbelievable. Let's hope this kind of action is repeated for the Hilton if it ever gets off the planning table.

Ok, upon closer daylight inspection the pieces appear to be red not orange

I can see the first section of orange tower crane is being set in place on the Tazewell Street

They have begun constructing the redish-orange tower crane

Ace to the rescue with the compromise. :lol: It's funny trying to nail the color down on this thing.

Archived