Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pile-driving seems to have begun as I watched the pile-driver move into position and then watched as they slipped the pile into the drive-cavity. I didn't stick around long enough for them to begin slamming it into the ground though 'cause I had to go to class.

Pile-driving seems to have begun as I watched the pile-driver move into position and then watched as they slipped the pile into the drive-cavity. I didn't stick around long enough for them to begin slamming it into the ground though 'cause I had to go to class.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great news. So they supposedly have 800 to drive. Trader had 900 to drive and it took them from March til July to complete. So if it takes 4 months then hopefully by the end of December will have 2 more tower cranes being put into place. :)

Great news. So they supposedly have 800 to drive. Trader had 900 to drive and it took them from March til July to complete. So if it takes 4 months then hopefully by the end of December will have 2 more tower cranes being put into place.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good maybe they will put some Christmas decorations on the cranes!

Great news. So they supposedly have 800 to drive. Trader had 900 to drive and it took them from March til July to complete. So if it takes 4 months then hopefully by the end of December will have 2 more tower cranes being put into place.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They only have to drive around 800? Isn't the site larger? Well at least the 100 less piles will save as much 2 weeks of pile-driving compared to Trader's pile-driving time-frame.

They only have to drive around 800? Isn't the site larger? Well at least the 100 less piles will save as much 2 weeks of pile-driving compared to Trader's pile-driving time-frame.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its also five stories shorter than the Trader building. And its wider and such so less piles.

Figure 10 piles a day. If they work 5 days a week, thats 50 piles a week, 200 piles a month. 4 months is a good guess I would say. Maybe they will work Saturdays, but I doubt it unless there is a rain day in the middle of the week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With delays I'm saying it will be 4.5 months. There is always delays in construction. I know I've worked good size projects before.

With delays I'm saying it will be 4.5 months. There is always delays in construction. I know I've worked good size projects before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering it is hurricane season and fall is around the corner, there will be considerable rain delays. So your assumption, is correct.

Considering it is hurricane season and fall is around the corner, there will be considerable rain delays.  So your assumption, is correct.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That estimate might be a little to conservative too. Working construction in the past has shown me that if it can go wrong(delays) it will.

Watching that excavator rip down that building on that mountain of dirt and debris is pretty amazing. It gets lots of spectators.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I saw them ripping some of it down today. That site is alive with activity now.

:)

I heard them ripping bright and early today. They were driving away at 7:45 this morning on my way to work.

I guess someone is in a hurry!  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea seems so. I'm happy to be hearing the pile-driving again after a nearly 2 month hiatus. I know some people are a little irritated about it again but for me, I love the noise and I hope it gets louder with a possible 2nd pile-driver in the coming weeks.

Archived