Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Harbor Heights pile driving contest has begun. 25 were driven last week (don't know if this is the first week of driving piles or not).

http://www.downtownnorfolk.com/newsletters/ff-09-05-05.html <-- Scroll to the bottom to see the contest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

25 a week is kinda paltry. <_< At that rate it'll take 8 months to finish driving piles.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad he pushed it up so the GSA would have less time :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it has more to do with the actual demand for these condos than anything with the

GSA. I'm not sure anything has been pushed up. The groundbreaking is still officially in january but in a pilot article at the beginning of this month Buddy stated that site work would "commence in 60 days" which would put us at the beginning of November. I assume he's referring to test piles, relocation of utilities, etc. But now, back to Harbor Heights.

Only 15 piles driven last week.....i hope that's a mistake or something.

Believe it or not, I don't thnk it was a mistake! Aside from that one moment in one of the pictures I posted above, the only other time I knew a pile was being driven was early Wednesday afternoon when pile-driving was echoing through downtown. Ever since work began on Tazewell St. it seems the construction focus moved onto that street to replace 100-year old sewer, water, and utility lines in order to accomodate Harbor Heights.

Archived