Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've added all the piles together from Sept 5th (first pile count I could find) to November 28th (last pile count availiable). There were 2 weeks in that time period where no pile count was given. Adding just that total I get 426. If I add 100 for the 2 omitted weeks I get 526. considering 800 piles need to be driven we have approx. 274 to go, or a little over a month.

I've added all the piles together from Sept 5th (first pile count I could find) to November 28th (last pile count availiable). There were 2 weeks in that time period where no pile count was given. Adding just that total I get 426. If I add 100 for the 2 omitted weeks I get 526. considering 800 piles need to be driven we have approx. 274 to go, or a little over a month.

Hopefully by the end of the year they will be started!

I really can't wait to see it go up! I'm so stoked about this dude!

30 more piles were driven last week....but if someone could get some pics somehow of the site from above, that would be great! :thumbsup:

Can somebody get down to HH to take some pics? I took some yesterday with my camera phone but they didn't turn out all that well. It looks like the foundation is almost complete and you can see the first inklings of the first floor starting to rise out of the ground.

Can somebody get down to HH to take some pics? I took some yesterday with my camera phone but they didin't turn out all that well. I looks like the foundation is almost complete and you can see the first inklings of the first floor starting to rise out of the ground.

I will try tomorrow ok vdogg! :thumbsup::D

Cool! I think its getting crunch time to meet that end of year date for driving piles

Well, the first floor is definately on the rise with some fairly tall columns coming up out of the ground now. Whatever piles they have left are probably very few indeed and for the shorter (I believe 6 story) admin portion of the building.

I saw fire trucks as well and the faint smell of gas. But I am not certain what was going on.

Anybody know what happend down there today?

There were a bunch of ambulances and police cars blocking the road. Bousch st. and Granby st. was a mess. I had to take like 4 detours....

I heard on the radio this morning that there was a gas leak at Tazewell and Boush, so that is likely the explanation.

Man, Pirate beat me to it. Yeah, there was a gas leak. Unsure of what caused it though, may have been due to the construction.

Man, Pirate beat me to it. Yeah, there was a gas leak. Unsure of what caused it though, may have been due to the construction.

Just checked the cameras though and all looks clear now. So did any of you who happened to pass by this take any pictures today? :D I'm going on withdrawals from the lack of new pics for this project.

Well here are the not so stellar pics I snapped of the site with my cell phone a few weeks ago (they're really poor quality which is why I didn't want to post them). I beileve the retaining wall that ace is referring to is in the first pic.

HH1.jpg

HH2.jpg

HH3.jpg

HH4.jpg

HH5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that the pile driver is now gone. Anyone know if/when they plan on erecting a 2nd tower crane?

I don't have concrete info, but i'm almost positive they are erecting another tower crane. not sure when though. I'm glad that pile driver is gone though! I noticed that on this week's 'Downtown Fast Facts' there was no pile count, so that makes sense! :)

Below is the schematic for the GW marketplace. Nothing big, just thought it was interesting. I wonder however if the java shop, wine shop, and florist are part of GW of separate entities. If they are then who? Has it been mentioned before?

marketfloorplan.jpg

Archived