Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this crane so much taller than the ones for Trader? Is it just me or does it seem extremely tall for this early stage?

Yeah I noticed that too! One thing I also noticed is that the yellow portion of the crane already seems equipped to be raised later on. I'm starting to wonder if they will pull another surprise out their @$$ and make this building a 300 footer!

Yeah I noticed that too! One thing I also noticed is that the yellow portion of the crane already seems equipped to be raised later on. I'm starting to wonder if they will pull another surprise out their @$$ and make this building a 300 footer!

All I know is that sucker is sure imposing (and is now complete). I went downtown for lunch today. With all the noise at Trader, construction workers roaming the streets, streets blocked off, and car horns blaring i could've sworn I was in manhattan for a second. :lol: There is definately a different feel down there already, i love it. :)

That would be nice if it was a 300 footer!

Well, at 267ft they really don't have far to go. This may turn out being equal in height to Trader.

All I know is that sucker is sure imposing (and is now complete). I went downtown for lunch today. With all the noise at Trader, construction workers roaming the streets, streets blocked off, and car horns blaring i could've sworn I was in manhattan for a second. :lol: There is definately a different feel down there already, i love it. :)

Well, at 267ft they really don't have far to go. This may turn out being equal in height to Trader.

Lets hope so and as wide as it is its going to look really good DT.

The Tower Crane tower sections are two different colors because its a Liebhear 316. Due to the height of the crane, larger tower sections are needed for stability. The "yellow" sections you see are for a Liebhear 550. These sections are wider and stronger. There is a transition piece that connects the 550 tower and 316 tower together allowing the crane to reach the desired height.

There will be two tower cranes.

There are 850+ piles.

The building will not be any higher than orginally stated.

This crane went up faster than the one at Trader because it was alredy back from another project.

The Tower Crane tower sections are two different colors because its a Liebhear 316. Due to the height of the crane, larger tower sections are needed for stability. The "yellow" sections you see are for a Liebhear 550. These sections are wider and stronger. There is a transition piece that connects the 550 tower and 316 tower together allowing the crane to reach the desired height.

There will be two tower cranes.

There are 850+ piles.

The building will not be any higher than orginally stated.

This crane went up faster than the one at Trader because it was alredy back from another project.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

One would think that with the overall demand for condos that HH would consider adding a few more floors.

That's exactly what they did. It was originally supposed to be 11 stories. Then TCC added two and then they added 3 more floors of condos i think. There was supposed to be 77 condos originally and now there's at least 99.

I meant a second addition of floors, but i'll be happy with what we're getting!

Well....

I think....

That....

An even 26 floors would be nifty..........

But this is a great, stylish project that will be an aesthetically wonderful addition to the skyline... so I can't really complain haha. :whistling::shok: <----I just love that face haha.

Indeed, the pile counts have been consistently low but perhaps they've already driven most of the piles they need. I mean we do already have a tower crane up. :huh:

The reason for the low pile counts is because of the sewer and water and stuff like that that needs modifications. Once that ends in November sometime I think, the pile counts should start increasing. :thumbsup:

Archived