Nashville as MLB Expansion/Relocation Market

MLBrumby

Is there a location along Murfreesboro that could work?  

If our transit priority is a line to the airport, why not piggyback on that and create an easy public  transit option to an MLB game?  To address Mark’s point about convention goers,  it might even be a line convention goers are familiar with having taken it upon arrival to town.  Such a location/investment might also jump start TOD.

It would lack capitol views, but I am in favor of the nodes approach to large capital investment.  Spread the love around and the concentrations of people.  Allow neighborhoods to grow around the venue. It also prevents the “island” of large structures and gridlock when several events are happening simultaneously.  

Thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thank you!  Fun to think about.

Nice interstate access.  Prior to BNA so last transit stop would still be BNA, to not create confusion.  Owned by state since 1945.  Zoned industrial with some restrictions, have not dug into what they are. 46 acres.  I like it.  Now, where did I leave that magic wand…

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Again a major sports venue , building away from the city center. Why I say a MLB stadium in Williamson ,Rutherford or Wilson would not be uncommon.

It would be uncommon for baseball.

• Like 4

I'm not a huge baseball guy so I'm probably off-base (no pun intended) here, but the only stadium I can think of that is truly out in the throws of deep suburbia is the Kansas City Royals stadium, and l think I heard that they were looking at moving closer to, if not into, the city itself as well.  So yeah, we definitely wouldn't want to be the odd men out!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I'm not a huge baseball guy so I'm probably off-base (no pun intended) here, but the only stadium I can think of that is truly out in the throws of deep suburbia is the Kansas City Royals stadium, and l think I heard that they were looking at moving closer to, if not into, the city itself as well.  So yeah, we definitely wouldn't want to be the odd men out!

Yeah one of the parts of the referendum was to move them downtown. 

5 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

moving the baseball park out of downtown actually put the stadium closer to most Braves ticket holders.

I’d be willing to place a bet, that most of the Nashville Stars ticket holders would come from outside of Davidson County.

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

I’d be willing to place a bet, that most of the Nashville Stars ticket holders would come from outside of Davidson County.

But downtown Nashville is still, more or less, the population center.  Downtown Atlanta is oddly situated in sort of the south/southwest corner of the metropolis.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MLB Stadium chatter moved here.

The failure of Truist from what I have heard (because I've never been) is that it is not connected to MARTA or major transit in a city with established transit. Geodis, Nissan, First Horizon, Bridgestone are at least tied into the existing WeGo system, even with all its failures. The only time I have gone to a game at Geodis I took the bus to and from (we had to wait a frustrating 20 minutes for a bus leaving the game though).  I don't disagree that non-Davidson County residents will be the big season tickets holders, but if Major League Baseball wants to be out in the burbs, than name the team the Tennessee Stars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So are you suggesting that they rename to the Nashville Titans? Or the Georgia Braves? It’s only a name, why so much animosity between Davidson and its Ring counties? It’s all within the MSA and basically counted as Part of the “Metro”. I’ve heard you praise how developed the area around Gillette Stadium is coming along, yet that isn’t within Boston City Limits , but it’s considered Boston’s team. I’m just hoping that we get MLB here, I don’t care about its name or location. It’s like this peeve with Nashville Superspeedway, and how NASCAR needs to be in Nashville. Well it is in Nashville at the Superspeedway, which just happens to be in Lebanon. But last time I checked, that’s part of the MSA and when it’s broadcast it’s “Welcome to Nashville “ and the “Nashville Race” just like the Atlanta Race that’s 30 miles outside of Atlanta. 

We are all supposed to be in this together, all of Middle Tennessee benefits and feeds off of each other