Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 6/27/2023 at 7:19 PM, Baronakim said:

There is to much design diversity here for your statement to evrr be remotely true.  Your pessimism is sad.

Agree. Kind of pathetic actually. I've noticed that this kind of nattering happens a lot when there are development news lulls. It's like the guys that check the forum 60 times a day get frustrated and resort to furiously caterwauling the tired glies baaahxes trope. 

Edited by Argo
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Argo said:

It's interesting that you couldn't list any.

You mean like L&C, TN Tower, Nashville City Center, Sheraton, Rennaisance, One Nashville, Cambria, Drury, ATT, Tennessean, Pinnacle 1, Pinnacle 2, Tri Brand Marriott, JW Marriott, Lea Apartments, Tempo, Graduate, USB, Fifth 3rd, SoBro, 505?

PS. What city doesn't have so called boxes? What city doesn't have glass? What's wrong with either?

Do you want a city full of beige buildings? Old concrete buildings?

Enquiring minds want to know. Or are you just caterwauling?

Yeah the city is just crawling with glass boxes.  Quick VSRJ, get the wrecking ball before they multiply!  Not!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Yeah but at least glass and steel always looks nice. Better than popsicle stick Modera buildings. And the goddam Sheraton. 

There is a more timeless element to glass and steel. I cringe when thinking that most (including me) thought the Sheraton was pretty cool when it was first built. 

Edited by Nash_12South

Architecture is like Art, its beauty lies in the beholder. For some “glass boxes “ are not their cup of tea, for others “Art Deco” or “ Modernist “ may not be their cup. I feel we should not bash each other’s tastes, it’s ok to disagree on the subject. IMO the Architecture of Haven and the Art of Stix are just horrible, and should be destroyed, but to some it’s great stuff. I just try and look at the glass as half full , and realize even The Haven is better than nothing at all. Nashville and all on this forum, should be happy we have so much development to talk about. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Architecture is like Art, its beauty lies in the beholder. For some “glass boxes “ are not their cup of tea, for others “Art Deco” or “ Modernist “ may not be their cup. I feel we should not bash each other’s tastes, it’s ok to disagree on the subject. IMO the Architecture of Haven and the Art of Stix are just horrible, and should be destroyed, but to some it’s great stuff. I just try and look at the glass as half full , and realize even The Haven is better than nothing at all. Nashville and all on this forum, should be happy we have so much development to talk about. 

Agree with this except that no one on earth thinks Haven is great stuff. They are offering 3 months of free rent. I'd rather have nothing because it would allow for something else in that space

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gannman said:

The tower itself isn't nearly as bad as the attached parking garage.

I agree, I can see them both from my living room and that parking garage is huge and very ugly.  The hotel itself isn't bad at all in my opinion, it's got that round thing at the top that looks a bit like the one in Vancouver which was a trend many years ago.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 8:25 AM, Nash_12South said:

I wager if we put photos (building only) of all buildings 25 floors and over in a hat and asked the average Nashvillian to  name them, it would not be easy.

I don't see the inference. Most people of any city can't name one single building yet alone multiple buildings in the city.

• Confused 1