Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

He didn't mention party rides. He specifically said bars and honky tonks. I think this is the first salvo in an attempt to shut down Broadway. 2nd Ave and Printers Alley will be next if this is truly the intent. The developers have an agenda.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Argo said:

He didn't mention party rides. He specifically said bars and honky tonks. I think this is the first salvo in an attempt to shut down Broadway. 2nd Ave and Printers Alley will be next if this is truly the intent. The developers have an agenda.

In the vein of chasing the almighty dollar, I can definitely see a possible agenda for the developers.  I agree with Titanhog with being careful what you wish for though.  So if the developers do won't to get there hands on those lower Broadway lots, I hope they propose a viable area where that entire district can be transplanted.  Let's not underestimate the overall economic impact that audience brings to Nashville.

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

It will be interesting to see the developers and probably the city go up against Kid Rock, Justin Timberlake, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Jon Bon Jovi, and Bob Dylan.

The developers would not need to go up against the above mentioned. They really don’t have nothing to do with any of that , except their branding. It’s all marketing, like a John Deere at Lowe’s really isn’t a John Deere it’s a MDT piece of crap that pays John Deere for the rights to use their branding. As long as there’s money being made , the Big Names don’t care. That being said, I really don’t think Mr Turner or any developer would want to take away totally that district, maybe clean it up a bit, tame it down some but not  destroy it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

On another note.................KEEP  eyes open this afternoon for major news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    This is not the news I thought was going to break this week but new news!!!!!

The other news will be next week we hope.

Haven Honky Tonk??

• Haha 3

Nice! I count 40 stories with a small crown.  What's the flag?  

So correction. I see it's 36 stories and 548' tall.  The mezzanine floors make it look like more floors. Just saw your post Smeags. I'll wait! :tw_grimace:

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

Does anyone know about a start date for the Hill Center Germantown? A while back it was supposed to start in June. Is that still the time frame or has it changed?

Incidentally, went to the skyscraper museum in Manhattan this weekend. It’s small but interesting with an exhibit on “supertalls” around the world.  I know some of you here are interested in tall buildings. Also cool to then be able to see some of them in person on the same trip. 

• Like 3

On 6/3/2022 at 6:59 AM, titanhog said:

I can understand the disdain for daytime noise.  That does need to be addressed.  However…the “all honky tonk bars” thing is a “be careful what you ask for” comment, IMO.  That section of Lower Broadway was one of Nashville’s worst calling cards until recent history changed that.  The honky tonk bars are a major driver to a world-wide well-known Nashville as being “vibrant” and lively…and part of our Music City brand…which is, again…world renowned.   

Do things need to be addressed to ensure things don’t get out of hand down there?  Yes…most definitely.  Do we need to limit the number of honky Tonks?  Well…I would say within that 4-5 blocks…no.  You have 2nd Avenue and other streets around Lower Broadway that can cater to other missouri businesse entity…like restaurants, entertainment, residential, hotels, etc.  You already have 5+B, which is a step in the right direction.  You have Nashville Yards coming online soon.  And there could be other sections surrounding downtown that could be “non-honky tonk”.   Matter of fact, I think they should make it harder for honky Tonks to move outside of that 4-5 block area and keep them all there.

If they can get control a little better of what happens there before 6pm every day, I think that would help a ton.  

I have never heard of Mr. Turner. this much have happend . i think have to stay updated to news now too

On 6/3/2022 at 12:13 PM, smeagolsfree said:

On another note.................KEEP  eyes open this afternoon for major news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    This is not the news I thought was going to break this week but new news!!!!!

The other news will be next week we hope.

Are we still looking good for this “other” news to be coming our way? Do you think it will be this week?

C3 Bank out of California will open its first Nashville office in Nashville in the former King Baby Jewelry Building  at 615 9th Ave. South.  They  paid $7.1 million for it along with the adjoining 611 9th Ave. South  (another 1 story structure home to Chef & I (which will be relocating). The bank will renovate and make an addition to the current structure which will eventually be a 6,140 sq. ft. space on a single floor, employing 5-10 people.  Pfeffer Torode will be the architect with Urban Cowboy doing interior design.  

“It is intended to be a business hub where local deal making, transaction and general business is conducted among the Nashville community,” said. A.J. Moyer, C3 Bank president and CEO. 

With the way this neighborhood is percolating, it appears they paid way too much for this 1/3 acre site and just to convert a small structure into a bank branch.  Perhaps they have something more substantial in mind for the long term.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/west-coast-bank-eyes-gulch-for-first-branch-outside-california/article_48b803ce-e761-11ec-8e25-43d16c2d5696.html

C3 Bank, June 8, 2022, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

C3 Bank, June 8, 2022, site map.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Metro Council has approved the purchase of the former Nashville School for the Blind's 2.6 acre campus at 88 Hermitage Ave.  from the state for $20.3 million.  It could've been purchased  for half of that in 2019.

Metro officials said the city could partner with the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency, which owns an adjoining parcel, to create up to 350 housing units on the 2.6-acre parcel surrounding the historic building along the Cumberland River in the Rolling Mill Hill neighborhood.

After the purchase is finalized, a technical feasibility study will consider the structure of that housing and potential uses for the existing buildings.

Designs to renovate the 17,000-square-foot building into an office or similar use could cost around $8.8 million, not including site work, according to a report released last week.

The modern interior of the vacant building is in disrepair, damaged by vandalism and by people experiencing homelessness who sought shelter there. Inspectors say the building's overall structure, much of which is made of poured concrete, remains sound.

The building's interior will require "full abatement" of hazardous materials, including presumed asbestos-containing materials. The electrical, plumbing and other systems will also need to be replaced.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2022/06/08/metro-buys-20-3-m-former-tennessee-school-blind/7459920001/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022.06.09 NASH&utm_term=NASHtoday Subscribers - MASTER

88 Hermitage Ave, June 9, 2022, site.png

88 Hermitage Ave, June 9, 2022, site map.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Metro Council has approved the purchase of the former Nashville School for the Blind's 2.6 acre campus at 88 Hermitage Ave.  from the state for $20.3 million.  It could've been purchased  for half of that in 2019.

Metro officials said the city could partner with the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency, which owns an adjoining parcel, to create up to 350 housing units on the 2.6-acre parcel surrounding the historic building along the Cumberland River in the Rolling Mill Hill neighborhood.

After the purchase is finalized, a technical feasibility study will consider the structure of that housing and potential uses for the existing buildings.

Designs to renovate the 17,000-square-foot building into an office or similar use could cost around $8.8 million, not including site work, according to a report released last week.

The modern interior of the vacant building is in disrepair, damaged by vandalism and by people experiencing homelessness who sought shelter there. Inspectors say the building's overall structure, much of which is made of poured concrete, remains sound.

The building's interior will require "full abatement" of hazardous materials, including presumed asbestos-containing materials. The electrical, plumbing and other systems will also need to be replaced.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2022/06/08/metro-buys-20-3-m-former-tennessee-school-blind/7459920001/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022.06.09 NASH&utm_term=NASHtoday Subscribers - MASTER

88 Hermitage Ave, June 9, 2022, site.png

Why bother saving this?  This is a piece of junk of no architectural significance of beauty and dubious historic value IMO.  This would have been better suited  as part of an urban park all the way down the hill to the riverbanks.  Really, do we need more housing on Rolling Mill Hill?

• Thanks 1