Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

An 11.7 acre site at 2500 West Heiman St. just east of TSU is being eyed for a multiple building residential complex by Dominium Development. Smith Gee will serve as architect. A rendering and more details on amount of units, etc. will be released later this month.  Metro Planning Commission will hear a request for rezoning on Jan. 26, 2020. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21103942/residential-development-eyed-for-tsu-area

2500 West Heiman St, Dec 3, 2019, site map.png

• Like 3

Saint Mark Missionary Baptist Church and a couple of empty lots next it it at 1220-1226 6th Ave. North has been purchased for $2.5 million by a trust that includes CSM Management, which directs the careers of Lenny Kravitz, Jeff Lynne, Stevie Nicks, Chris Isaak, Def Leppard, and others.  No word on their plans for the site.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21104275/germantown-properties-sell-for-25m

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.15.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.23.23 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Craiger said:

I think at some point Asurion expanded into part of that building as well. Maybe i'm mistaken, but maybe something will happen when Asurion moves in 2021 or 22. 

Yes.  Asurion has a large footprint there in the 1st Ave building but there’s also another tenant on site as well.   I’d be afraid they keep people there because I’ve heard that they’re already pushing capacity estimates at their new HQ location.  

4 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Yes.  Asurion has a large footprint there in the 1st Ave building but there’s also another tenant on site as well.   I’d be afraid they keep people there because I’ve heard that they’re already pushing capacity estimates at their new HQ location.  

I have friends that work at HCA and they said as soon as they moved into their new building it was already over capacity. Is it just really hard to forecast the number of employees you have/going to have or are companies just trying to not build a new building and have empty space? Seems if you over build then you don't have to rent additional space right after building a new building.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

I have friends that work at HCA and they said as soon as they moved into their new building it was already over capacity. Is it just really hard to forecast the number of employees you have/going to have or are companies just trying to not build a new building and have empty space? Seems if you over build then you don't have to rent additional space right after building a new building.

For purpose-built buildings (whether owned by the company or leased) companies tend to be more conservative because they are on the hook for the rent for the whole building no matter what. They can somewhat mitigate this risk by subletting to other tenants if they don't need end up needing all of the space or are intending to grow into the space.

When leasing at a non-purpose built or spec building, companies are still pretty conservative but negotiate up front for expansion rights into other parts of the building (usually contiguous space and/or floors if they are available).

Edited by NashWellington11
  • Like 2

I'm not sure, but HCA may have moved operations from one of their other buildings into their new building at Capitol View, as I recall that a large one on their main campus (at the corner of 31st & Park) was gutted and renovated very recently. Did those employees go to Capitol View on a temp basis? I've learned that space utilization is fluid, as we've wondered about Asurion in the wake of outsourcing/laying off several hundred employees. 

• Like 1

Red PhoneBooth, a speakeasy bar will open tonight at 9:30 at 136 Rosa L. Parks Blvd (just north of Hume Fogg H.S.) in the 70+ year old structure that used to house Tin Cup Cafe.

Red Phone Booth can be accessed only after patrons dial a secret phone number from within a restored London-themed antique red phone booth. To obtain the number, guests can become a member of the bar or ask a member (or somebody else who knows the number, such as a hotel concierge).  Showcasing a 1920s speakeasy theme, the Red Phone Booth interior features, the release notes, restored original brick and reclaimed tobacco barn wood floors, a honey onyx bar, “intimate” fireplaces, custom Italian leather couches and hand-painted ceiling with back lighting. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21104701/downtown-speakeasy-to-open

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 1.57.06 PM.png

• Like 4

As a former employee of HCA, I can tell you that this is their pattern... whichever way, it always comes about.  

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

So my question regarding docs like this... is this a case of 'ask for all you can get' and then build what you think the market will bear?  One million s.f. of office is enormous and then all the residential units... that's a huge project. Would love it if someone emailed that jackson person at ragan and smith and asked very specific questions like 'how tall?' ... 'how much money?' etc. 

18 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

So my question regarding docs like this... is this a case of 'ask for all you can get' and then build what you think the market will bear?  One million s.f. of office is enormous and then all the residential units... that's a huge project. Would love it if someone emailed that jackson person at ragan and smith and asked very specific questions like 'how tall?' ... 'how much money?' etc. 

I'm not entirely sure. I posted because of how large the proposal was. 

For comparison, here is the document from the hotel proposed at 1st and KVB:

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=272207

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Somehow it's all still going to be squeezed into 28 stories, I'm sure.  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

With that many apartments...that would have to be probably close to 500k sq ft alone...right?  More apartments than The Place.   All in all...this whole thing sounds like more total sq footage than 5th + B.  If those numbers hold true for residential and office...there would have to be some significant height.

3 hours ago, chris holman said:

SmartSelect_20191205-231226_Drive.jpg

SmartSelect_20191205-231334_Drive.jpg

SmartSelect_20191205-231300_Drive.jpg

Bump to next page

5 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Was poking around on E-Permits and found this:

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=274230

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Again a story will go live this afternoon. Been working on this for a while and hoping no one would stumble upon to tip off out competition.

The players will not talk because they are under obligation from the developers. We are in contact with all of the parties and hope to give you some good info later today.. Stand By.

Feel free to delete stuff if you need to keep it under wraps. :console:

Edited by titanhog