Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

18 hours ago, DeemonBruhn said:

The number of buildings listed as “A” is laughable. For example... Cummins Station is anything but Class A.

There is also an "A+" tier that the industry calls "trophy class". It would be interesting to see how many of these would be in that category. My guess would be Pinnacle, Bridgestone, 222, and maybe Gulch Crossing and/or 1201 Demonbreun. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Hello everyone, first time poster. Been following for a few months. Anyway, I see this trail west site and I’m thinking. Wouldn’t this be a great spot for an 18 (maybe 20, with bonus ) story building , like the new Graduate Hotel. The design , with the brick work and the details would blend in nicely with the buildings on Broadway. 

Welcome to the forum, Luvemtall.  : )

Indeed, this site, as well as the adjoining sites (120 2nd Ave. South just to the north; and the 1/2 block site facing 1st Ave. South that has been rumored for a House of Blues concert hall/hotel) could all be combined with the Trail West lot for a substantial site.  The HOB proposal was supposedly going to be 4, 8, and 18 stories, and all done in brick to fit in with the historical overlay requirements for that area (no renderings have been available, and the development may be dead). 

Will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Welcome to the forum, Luvemtall.  : )

Indeed, this site, as well as the adjoining sites (120 2nd Ave. South just to the north; and the 1/2 block site facing 1st Ave. South that has been rumored for a House of Blues concert hall/hotel) could all be combined with the Trail West lot for a substantial site.  The HOB proposal was supposedly going to be 4, 8, and 18 stories, and all done in brick to fit in with the historical overlay requirements for that area (no renderings have been available, and the development may be dead). 

Will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

I'd love to see a tower similar to what Vanderbilt is building right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Hello everyone, first time poster. Been following for a few months. Anyway, I see this trail west site and I’m thinking. Wouldn’t this be a great spot for an 18 (maybe 20, with bonus ) story building , like the new Graduate Hotel. The design , with the brick work and the details would blend in nicely with the buildings on Broadway. 

I echo Mark in welcoming you to the forum. Please feel free to join us at the forum meets or the mini mets anytime!

As far as this property goes, I will take a wait and see approach.  Larry Papel and Mark Bloom own the site as well as one or two more on that block. They have the experience and the financial resources to develop what the want to develop or seek out a buyer or development partner such as Michael Hayes who is also a partner on certain endeavours. 

I think they could probably go 18 there since the lot fronting first was approved for that. I think they would have to build according to the historiv overlay that I am pretty sure that is in place there but not 100% certain.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, markhollin said:

A new rendering has been released for the MDHA Randee Rogers Apts. project (4 & 5 stories, 100 units) for 1419 Rosa L. Parks Blvd:

Randee Rogers Apts, Dec 2, 2019, render.png

hmmm.    some slight changes from the original rendering (below).    Updated rendering seems to have added more grassy space (and cliche' shrubs) between the sidewalk and building, which is probably why I liked the original better.     I do hope MDHA includes the street trees.     The crepe myrtles in the updated rendering are not an equivalent substitute.  

I noticed today that the demo on the existing structure is nearly complete, so this should be underway soon.   

Randee Rogers Apts, Nov 25, 2019, render.png