Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

4 minutes ago, Native said:

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but it does appear that the north side of Embassy Suites has no windows since it is likely a party wall.  Is that correct?  If so, it is a shame because there is little chance a tall building will go up on the Customs House parking lot anytime soon.   Perhaps a huge mural?

With the building coming within a certain distance of the property line the building separation code requirements come into play and the cost implications really arent worth the benefit. Not to mention that most of those floors have "typical" room layouts that are not really conducive to having windows added to the walls. They did do a couple openings in the facade presumably at the ends of the corridors, but I believe within this section of the (no, architects do not have the code memorized lol) the amount of openings is based on a percentage of the overall wall size so these windows were an easy piece to include.

Hopefully a mural can be commissioned here until the parking lot is ultimately developed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Native said:

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but it does appear that the north side of Embassy Suites has no windows since it is likely a party wall.  Is that correct?  If so, it is a shame because there is little chance a tall building will go up on the Customs House parking lot anytime soon.   Perhaps a huge mural?

IMG_6042.thumb.jpg.d7cf56141947a4a831873329ac1b61f3.jpg

When there is a strong option of another building on that side of the property, they will not put windows on that side from what I have seen in Nashville. That lot is still owned by 1st Baptist and will be sold and built on at some point. No mural for that reason either. There is a lot that is being used as a staging lot between the customs lot and the hotel. The address of that lot is 121 7th Ave S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, nashville born said:

I'm studying these photos (sweet shots btw) as closely as I can to determine relative height between the Cambria and the One Hotel.  In general, they seem very comparable to each other.  Perplexed at how One Hotel and its 18 stories is listed at 265'.  Help me please.  Somebody.  Anybody.

They are essentially the same height. From 8th/Church: 

5B0A21D4-A63C-41FC-A28A-B85B2BFE6328.thumb.jpeg.156e496c29428ececbf4ff100ebd1652.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1