Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

8 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Per article, appears MLS is steadfast in it's process to award only two franchises in December.  In Nashville;'s favor is the December 6 bid presentations...hopefully Cincinnati F C will still have stadium deal issues unresolved. 

• Like 3

I spoke to a former 1980's US Men's Olympic soccer player this past weekend at the 3v3 Live Tour Nationals that took place in Franklin.  We spoke about MLS expansion and he said that "as soon as Nashville got the approval for funding, the expansion in Nashville was a done deal".

I think we all know that to be true, although no one really wants to jinx things.   I'd bet my 401k on it.  :) 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I spoke to a former 1980's US Men's Olympic soccer player this past weekend at the 3v3 Live Tour Nationals that took place in Franklin.  We spoke about MLS expansion and he said that "as soon as Nashville got the approval for funding, the expansion in Nashville was a done deal".

I think we all know that to be true, although no one really wants to jinx things.   I'd bet my 401k on it.  :) 

I really hope you are correct!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

I was worried that Phoenix might be a strong dark horse candidate, but not now. Cincinnati is still without a solid stadium proposal either by location or funding. There are a lot of loose ends to tie up in two weeks. 

Detroit had to settle for plan B after not coming together with the local authorities on a soccer specific stadium. In contrast, Nashville has had community consensus with little drama throughout the entire process. 

I think we are in, maybe ahead of Sacramento, and the owners know it. 

• Like 2

“Save Our Fairgrounds” has filed a lawsuit against metro Nashville for giving up the 10 acres of land for the soccer development. Does this lawsuit have any merit? If not, do you think MLS will realize it's just a last minute effort of derailment? 

http://www.wsmv.com/story/36956611/group-files-lawsuit-to-stop-soccer-stadium-at-fairgrounds

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/11/29/mls-soccer-nashville-stadium-expansion-team-lawsuit/907120001/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think it will be mute after they decide to move the state fair like they said they are planning on doing. Good riddance I say. Went to the fair one time and it was one time too many.

Move it to Rutherford.

Move it to the Superspeedway grounds on I-840.  Nothing else going on out there.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Does anyone think a judge could suddenly halt everything approved? 

That can happen, but my gut says highly unlikely, anytime soon. Almost any lawsuit requesting injunctive relief usually has to satisfy 4 main things...I won't list those here....  But suffice it to say, those 4 things require the plaintiff to have their shi! together -- so that the presiding judge will rule favorably. To do so, it's my understanding that the word 'balance' comes into play a lot in the judge's decision: which parties will be more/less adversely affected by the injunction (is it fair?), how would an injunction affect the public,  is the injunction reasonable based on existing contracts, state law, etc., etc., etc.  Who knows how stacked up the courts are right now? Just my ill-informed ¢2. I'm not too worried, but I'm also wrong a lot. :mellow:

Edited by Flatrock
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, titanhog said:

Move it to the Superspeedway grounds on I-840.  Nothing else going on out there.

Brilliant idea. After all that's in Wilson County, where the state's largest county fair is held. Let them take over the State Fair. Access is much better to the whole state too! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Brilliant idea. After all that's in Wilson County, where the state's largest county fair is held. Let them take over the State Fair. Access is much better to the whole state too! 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/10/20/nashville-superspeedway-redevelopment-takes-first-step-dover-panattoni-partnership-unveiled/779924001/

Mayor Barry didn't attend...the other three Mayors were in attendance. I would presume she was dodging media questions about the law suit. Feeling queasy about the MLS2Nashville bid.

Any chance suit is dismissed before MLS decision?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, tragenvol said:

Mayor Barry didn't attend...the other three Mayors were in attendance. I would presume she was dodging media questions about the law suit. Feeling queasy about the MLS2Nashville bid.

Any chance suit is dismissed before MLS decision?

from Flatrocks article, which had a link to the motion filed by metro-

THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO BE HEARD ON THE 15TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2017, AT 9:00 A.M. FAILURE TO FILE A TIMELY WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THIS MOTION MAY RESULT IN THE SAME BEING GRANTED WITHOUT FURTHER HEARING BY THE COURT. 

If you read the Metro motion, I think there is a compelling case on several reason to dismiss... but I am not a judge and I, unfortunately not a MLS judge. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 1

The big question is whether or not this has enough legs to make MLS think twice about giving us a franchise right now.
https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017/12/7/16748288/save-the-crew-columbus-ohio-attorney-general-mike-dewine-browns-law

Messy given the fact that Precourt had an escape cause to move the team brokered into the purchase agreement with the Hunt family.