Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

On 2/3/2022 at 9:05 PM, Sean blackdog said:

https://tntribune.com/hosting-world-cup-would-generate-695-million-in-total-economic-impact/

· $639.3 million in economic impact from visitors

· $205.6 million in income generated

· 5,469 annualized jobs

· $66.1 million in state and local tax revenue

This article rips into the above-mentioned study and makes some good points.

Several sports economists who study the economic impact of sporting events believe a report showing a nearly $700 million economic impact for Nashville if it is selected as a host city for the 2026 World Cup was heavily inflated.

“The $700 million number is insane,” said J.C. Bradbury, a sports economist and professor at Kennesaw State University in Georgia. “… That’s a lot of money. It’s not believable on its face. That these would all be net new people staying at the hotels, I absolutely do not buy that based on other research, and we should be seeing in other studies of (previous) World Cups these super-large economic impact effects."

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Parking will be as it would be with any new venue, it's here at the stadium and it's all places around. We've been going around, not just dealing with the parking that we will control, but also looking at what else is a proposition from the second- or third-party parking.

Our aim is by early March, we will start to publish a guide for supporters and fans. If you have parking included in your deal, 'This is what it is. This is the best route to get there. This is the best route out. If you're not coming with a parking solution, here's what the solutions will be. Here's how you will buy parking, if you want to buy it from us. Here are third-party options. Here's where they all are. If you want to park this place, is how long it should take you to walk from there.'

It will be difficult and challenging because it always is with a new venue. Nobody's kidding anybody that it won't be confusing for some people at first. But I think all of us who've ever been to venues on a regular basis, if you don't park in the official parking, you kind of work it out right over a period of time and you find your place and it becomes your place and we expect a lot of that.

This might be the biggest concern about the stadium, and has been since the planning process. Like I get that they are "working it out" but I would've hoped that after the past couple years of construction they would already have a plan in place. Or they are purposely waiting and waiting and letting folks work out for themselves. This could cause a potentially big problem for the surrounding neighbors.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bos2Nash said:

This might be the biggest concern about the stadium, and has been since the planning process. Like I get that they are "working it out" but I would've hoped that after the past couple years of construction they would already have a plan in place. Or they are purposely waiting and waiting and letting folks work out for themselves. This could cause a potentially big problem for the surrounding neighbors.

I was thinking they would at least try to build a parking garage along with the stadium to help…but I guess they’re going to just wait for that “help” once they have all of the other development finished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Oh it's gonna be a CLUSTER F. There has been zero infrastructure upgrades around the stadium. I'm not sure a single new sidewalk has been added outside of the Fairgrounds. 

I have no idea what the thought process behind that is. It's pretty disappointing, unless there is about to be a 3 month push to lay sidewalks everywhere. 

I agree, but to be fair, Wedgewood Avenue extended to Craighead will help. Plus, I think you will be able to park at MNPS and the surface parking lots here shown below. I would personally just try and avoid wedgewood avenue at all costs. 

image.png.053d65f92939db90dbac871a73063f4c.png

• Like 2