Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors, 450+ ft., 345 residential units, 4,900 sq. ft. retail

Paramount747

Buckingham lawyer says everything is good between them and Terrazzo.  So...I'm just wondering what the agreement is between Buckingham and Terrazzo?

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/10/lawyer-gulch-skyscraper-ok-with-terrazzo-condo.html

I'm not sure, but this is the sigh of relief moment right here for me:  "White said the agreement preserves Buckingham's ability to create a 38-story building."

• Like 1

Buckingham lawyer says everything is good between them and Terrazzo.  So...I'm just wondering what the agreement is between Buckingham and Terrazzo?

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/10/lawyer-gulch-skyscraper-ok-with-terrazzo-condo.html

White is the Terrazzo group's lawyer.   But, yes, sounds positive!  

Just speculating here, but I doubt there was some earth shattering agreement. I would bet that the agreement between the two parties firmed up the language that described the position of the vertical tower in relation to the base. One of the Terazzo residents mentioned this in the last BZA meeting. The southern edge of the 38 story tower portion needs to be far enough north to allow for sun to hit the pool on the Terazzo's deck. 

• Like 1

This morning's Tennessean...

Among terms, the shorter southern portion of the planned residential building that could most directly affect Terrazzo's pool would be a maximum of 113 feet. That's only slightly taller than the pool deck at the Terrazzo, White said.

Meanwhile, he said his clients accepted Buckingham's latest shadow study, including for August and September, which showed little impact on Terrazzo and no affect on its pool area.

With the agreement with Buckingham, the 38-story height is now far more attractive to Terrazzo residents, White said.

"At 24 to 28 stories, we have no control over design and building materials," he said. "With this plan and the MDHA approval, we have total involvement with design and building materials."

• Like 1

"We would've liked for the Terrazzo to work with those of us in the Icon and Twelve Twelve to reach a Gulch-wide compromise," said Barbara Bennett, one of those Twelve Twelve residents.

"One of our interests is that if the developers are going to be granted a height exception that they also be required to provide the public benefit contributions that other buildings must provide in order to merit additional height."

Barbara was at the meeting last evening and brought this up and I think it is a valid point, Buckingham shouldn't be exempt from the bonus height program with this appeal.

Barbara was at the meeting last evening and brought this up and I think it is a valid point, Buckingham shouldn't be exempt from the bonus height program with this appeal.

Like what? It's not like they're on a lot the size of Twelve Twelve or Terrazzo even. Overall, I think it's valid but in this specific instance, they don't have much to work with.

Like what? It's not like they're on a lot the size of Twelve Twelve or Terrazzo even. Overall, I think it's valid but in this specific instance, they don't have much to work with.

Materials, LEED certification, public parking, public space, etc. There are a number of things they can do and I assumed that they were because their alternate proposal is at a height predicated on use of the program.

• Like 1

Materials, LEED certification, public parking, public space, etc. There are a number of things they can do and I assumed that they were because their alternate proposal is at a height predicated on use of the program.

Curious did Barbara cite those or any other specific public benefits that 1212 residents believe are missing from Buckingham's proposal?     Because I agree with the second half of your sentence that I also assume Buckingham is submitting a proposal that meets the criteria to qualify for the height exception.  

Curious did Barbara cite those or any other specific public benefits that 1212 residents believe are missing from Buckingham's proposal?     Because I agree with the second half of your sentence that I also assume Buckingham is submitting a proposal that meets the criteria to qualify for the height exception.  

I think their point was that at very least it isn't clear that those requirement still stand with the appeal. So much like Terrazzo enshrined Buckingham's claims in legal agreement it seems the bonus program should be a contingency as well. But no there was no specific enumeration of missing elements. I know as of the last presentation I saw Buckingham do that public parking was not planned but they did have some art planned.

Edited by Leif
clarify

Terrazzo deal with @BuckinghamCo doesn't pertain to Icon or Twelve Twelve. residents of both here mostly to complain (about 12-15 total)

now we are digging into expanded sunlight studies requested by Metro, estimating shadows on pools of Terrazzo and Icon

Tom White, lawyer for Terrazzo, says "perfectly obvious Terrazzo is most directly affected" & 38-story tower "dramatically better" for city

Icon resident says he got 18 emails just yesterday from others who oppose. "you're trading benefit for Terrazzo for detriment to Icon"

another opposed Icon resident says she has vitamin D deficiency and needs sunlight (which drew her to the specific unit she bought in Feb.)

Terrazzo deal with @BuckinghamCo doesn't pertain to Icon or Twelve Twelve. residents of both here mostly to complain (about 12-15 total)

now we are digging into expanded sunlight studies requested by Metro, estimating shadows on pools of Terrazzo and Icon

Tom White, lawyer for Terrazzo, says "perfectly obvious Terrazzo is most directly affected" & 38-story tower "dramatically better" for city

Icon resident says he got 18 emails just yesterday from others who oppose. "you're trading benefit for Terrazzo for detriment to Icon"

another opposed Icon resident says she has vitamin D deficiency and needs sunlight (which drew her to the specific unit she bought in Feb.)

These people are exactly why being on an HOA board is a completely thankless job.

• Like 2

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors|450+ Feet |Proposed 2019