Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

My math....based on elevations from Google Earth......and the fact that the article said it will rise above the AT&T spires. (At one foot higher)

40318824113_a4c1597d3a_z.jpg

My $0.02.

Ground elevation is listed as 486' 7" which is Church St / Upper 10th Ave

20190304_185407.thumb.jpg.e638e880b9ae031bee2c4606d0b88f97.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, titanhog said:

So...do you guys think they're showing this because there's a big fish on the hook...or are they showing this in hopes of hooking a big fish?

the latter.  I am sure they waiting to see how Amazon takes down their space and see if they grow bigger in Nashville.   No one is going to build a 1 M sq ft spec office tower.  This is to show to prospects and hopefully hook a tenant either Amazon or someone else who can prelease a chunk of space.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

TSU's Avon Williams campus needs a major expansion with a curriculum to cater to tech!! 

3 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

That would be the perfect complement to the new commercial, residential and retail announcements along 10th Ave S.  They could get the new tech players in town to help pay for it.

Better yet, move the campus across Charlotte where the state lots are, and build a parking garage and a nice, new, state of the art campus. And help pay for it by selling off the old campus. That area will be a great pivot between Nashville Yards and Capitol View.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chriss752 said:

If you look at this closely, the right side edge seems to be slightly angled. The same goes for the ground floor level. Not saying it will be as radical, but the slightly angled edges mimic One Hundred in St. Louis slightly. The terraces are a nice touch.

984468765_Screenshot(201).thumb.png.7c06e74c0a60148311a50f56b03a1814.png

Can we at least get some LED lights on this? 

11 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Ground elevation is listed as 486' 7" which is Church St / Upper 10th Ave

20190304_185407.thumb.jpg.e638e880b9ae031bee2c4606d0b88f97.jpg

My estimate was based on the 10th Avenue elevation which Google Earth gave as approximately 456', within a foot or two of what this diagram shows. I think the building height should be measured from the ground floor regardless of how high up the entrance is.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

They have already pulled a foundation permit, so they will have to go back in front of Planning and get a height approval. This will fall under the downtown code but I dont think it falls with in the CBD zoning. Certain areas are unlimited, but I dont think it goes to the Gulch from downtown.

Just wait guys, this entire plan will change again, and again, and again...

I did talk with Mark yesterday afternoon and expressed that yesterday was another wild and crazy day in the history of Nashville. I am sort of with him in regards to the apartment towers. We may se an increase in those as well now as the scope of the Nashville Yards project has morphed into something a lot more than any of us could have envisioned when it was first announced and for that matter the speed in which things have advanced.

Think there will be many condo towers as well? Would be nice to have a larger supply downtown...

14 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Why in the dickens cant they just put a nice crown on one of these buildings to get us over AT and T. I think there is a conspiracy. 

Contemporary building code creates greater cost with a building that is above 420'-0" (requires higher strength concrete and some elevator upgrades).  If you're building above 420'-0", you tend to spend the money that would go on a "crown" on the building itself.  Furthermore, I think crown pieces are a bit out of fashion as developers have re-evaluated their usefulness.  Look at the tallest structures built recently in New York.  Most of those don't have ornate tops.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

They have already pulled a foundation permit, so they will have to go back in front of Planning and get a height approval. This will fall under the downtown code but I dont think it falls with in the CBD zoning. Certain areas are unlimited, but I dont think it goes to the Gulch from downtown.

Just wait guys, this entire plan will change again, and again, and again...

I did talk with Mark yesterday afternoon and expressed that yesterday was another wild and crazy day in the history of Nashville. I am sort of with him in regards to the apartment towers. We may se an increase in those as well now as the scope of the Nashville Yards project has morphed into something a lot more than any of us could have envisioned when it was first announced and for that matter the speed in which things have advanced.

Thanks. I guess my ultimate point was, they have to actually settle on a plan at some point and put a building on the ground. They can just keep revising and by 2045 have a 1k ft tower planned