Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

On 2/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, smeagolsfree said:

An update on the AEG renderings. Those are two years old and the company is no longer involved in the project as those were conceptual renderings. William is attempting to get new updated renderings for the project. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Yikes.... "The company is no longer involved" meaning the company that designed it? Structurally it will still be the same though right (music venue, hotel, etc.) ??

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Yikes.... "The company is no longer involved" meaning the company that designed it? Structurally it will still be the same though right (music venue, hotel, etc.) ??

I believe Gresham Smith is still in charge of the design work. No doubt they have their hands full with this project and Fifth and Broadway on their plate. 

Edited by CityHeart

I believe, Gresham is the Architect of Record for 5th and Broadway, so while yes they have their hands full with documentation, overall design decisions are being made by the design architect which is believe is Gensler. I believe the setup was similar on Nashville Yards where the design architect will want to have their own spin on each item, but Gresham will again have their hands full with documentation (and ultimate liability)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I believe, Gresham is the Architect of Record for 5th and Broadway, so while yes they have their hands full with documentation, overall design decisions are being made by the design architect which is believe is Gensler. I believe the setup was similar on Nashville Yards where the design architect will want to have their own spin on each item, but Gresham will again have their hands full with documentation (and ultimate liability)

Great information and clarity.. Thank you. 

• Like 1

HKS was the design architect on the Grand Hyatt. Gresham Smith is the design architect on everything else at Nashville Yards.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some more new Grand Hyatt renderings:

Nashville Yards, Grand Hyatt, Feb 26, 2019, render 8.png

That view down Broadway is so dope. It would be fun to be able to chill there and glance one way at the neon down lower Broad and the other way at the expanding Midtown skyline. Maybe I’ll sneak in on a few Saturday nights :) 

• Like 3