Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

22 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

It's finally a bit taller than the Amazon 2 building which is 421 feet when you see it on the City View webcam but it's still shorter than the Prime tower which is 456 feet.  I hear what you're saying though because there's not that many floors left and I'm wondering if it's really going to make it to 500 feet!

Me too! I'm wondering the same. Has a lot of height to go to hit that 500 foot mark. 

We'll see. Waiting for it to "pop" on the skyline a bit. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MontanaGuy said:

It's finally a bit taller than the Amazon 2 building which is 421 feet when you see it on the City View webcam but it's still shorter than the Prime tower which is 456 feet.  I hear what you're saying though because there's not that many floors left and I'm wondering if it's really going to make it to 500 feet!

I’m sure it’s just an illusion, if it’s already looking taller then the 421’ Amazon Tower and has 6 floors to go . Office buildings tend to have at least 12 ‘ floor height which would get 72 more feet plus some type of screening above that around 10 foot high, would make it 504’ 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TNinVB said:

So this tower is going to be almost 100’ taller than Pinnacle at Symphony Place?

No, it's going to be 72 feet taller.  The list of Tallest Buildings in Nashville has the height of the new tower at 524 but that's incorrect, it's only going to be 504.  That Wikipedia page still has a lot of errors!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

No, it's going to be 72 feet taller.  The list of Tallest Buildings in Nashville has the height of the new tower at 524 but that's incorrect, it's only going to be 504.  That Wikipedia page still has a lot of errors!

I see the egregious error of the Fifth Third Bank (former Third National Bank) height has been corrected on the page, but not on its original entry (which meant the Snodgrass Tower never lost its title of Tennessee's and Nashville's tallest building from 1969 until 1993/4 when the South Central Bell building went up), which still lists it as 490' and the tallest building from 1986-94. I think the reason it was listed as 490' was due to the original "corner-facing" design, which clearly was taller than the present design, and nobody bothered to notice or fix the height error until one of our local UP'ers actually measured the height.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Auntie Yock said:

I see the egregious error of the Fifth Third Bank (former Third National Bank) height has been corrected on the page, but not on its original entry (which meant the Snodgrass Tower never lost its title of Tennessee's and Nashville's tallest building from 1969 until 1993/4 when the South Central Bell building went up), which still lists it as 490' and the tallest building from 1986-94. I think the reason it was listed as 490' was due to the original "corner-facing" design, which clearly was taller than the present design, and nobody bothered to notice or fix the height error until one of our local UP'ers actually measured the height.

The correction was made because the permits for the plaza overhaul listed the actual height of the building, if I’m remembering that correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1