Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

20 hours ago, VSRJ said:

That design is...interesting. Not sure what to think. Maybe it will look better in real life.

One would hope so. No bueno in its current state for my taste.... particularly as it reminds me of a bland, modernist version of Spanish Colonial Revival....which seems a super-odd placement in the center of Nashville. Weird. 

• Like 1

Sort of like Helen Reddy’s haircut, I am not sure what think about the design. Black and white is supposed to be safe but in this case I don’t think it works well for where it is going. I give it a grade of a “C” for aesthetics. I am sure it is probably great on the inside. The rest of NY gets an A but I think this may stick out like a sore thumb. But I say may, who knows.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, markhollin said:

Unfortunately, this new venue will not be set up for something as high-end as the Grammys.  From what I understand, there will only be seats in the balcony.  The main floor will be set up for standing only. 

However, Bridgestone Arena has proven to be very adaptable to large awards shows, and would still be a great option.

SmartSelect_20240126_121536_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 8:21 AM, Luvemtall said:

Although the Pinnacle Tower is a stunning building as we are seeing it, if they went to the 700-750 foot mark it would’ve been mic drop gorgeous!!

I was JUST looking at this tower and thinking the exact same thing.

Had they at least gone up to the 650 foot mark, it would have made such a massive impact on the skyline. This height is great, but the tower could've been about 150-200 feet taller with its design.

Granted, in the original Nashville Yards plans, the tower adjacent to this one was to go to 600 feet, but as we all know, who knows when that one will be built.

• Like 3

Anyone have the art deco rendering being referred to? Agreed this building is pretty ugly but ultimately not a huge deal because it's not in a very prominent location. It's sort of drowned out by the skyscrapers around it. Will be much more curious about TPAC on the river. 

4 hours ago, Rick Dalton said:

Anyone have the art deco rendering being referred to? Agreed this building is pretty ugly but ultimately not a huge deal because it's not in a very prominent location. It's sort of drowned out by the skyscrapers around it. Will be much more curious about TPAC on the river. 

image.png.6fcb44021258ae46df7471553f07c371.png

image.thumb.png.a651d811c2bb767d1d4ba79c3809b727.png

I don't know if I would call the original design art deco (top rendering).  It was also a rather plain box, but I liked it marginally better than the new design.  The swooping arches and curves are just not my thing.   When I first saw the new design my first thought was stucco (yikes!), but based on AEG's updated website, the materials appear to be brick and metal (bottom rendering).   It might end up looking better when you're up close.   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CenterHill said:

image.png.6fcb44021258ae46df7471553f07c371.png

image.thumb.png.a651d811c2bb767d1d4ba79c3809b727.png

I don't know if I would call the original design art deco (top rendering).  It was also a rather plain box, but I liked it marginally better than the new design.  The swooping arches and curves are just not my thing.   When I first saw the new design my first thought was stucco (yikes!), but based on AEG's updated website, the materials appear to be brick and metal (bottom rendering).   It might end up looking better when you're up close.   

I think I remember an Art Deco hotel was originally planned right next  door...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 14themoney24theshow said:

I think I remember an Art Deco hotel was originally planned right next  door...

Yes, The MGM . The original concept when AEG was first introduced to the project, was a different version. I’m trying to find renderings of that, but my time was spent on business issues and I didn’t get the chance. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Tennessean has a summary feature on all that is going on at Nashville Yards, and what is still in the pipeline:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2024/01/31/nashville-yards-the-pinnacle-development-venue-to-open-in-2025/72408890007/

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 2.27.45 PM.png

Interesting that the NES site is now part of the plan. Makes sense given that Streetlights is partnering on the residential towers. 

• Like 4