Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

51 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

While making small talk with the clerk at the Green Hills TJ's last night, she mentioned that the employees were told there would be a TJ's downtown.  She didn't recall where it would be but I was immediately reminded of these posts from a year ago.  Perhaps I should talk up the manager next time I'm at TJ's.  Has anyone else heard an update?

Hasn't a grocery been mentioned for the Hill development in Germantown? That's the only place I can think of.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I still think the grocer in NY will be a Walgreens/DGX model.

I didn't realize there would be a grocery there, that would be great because it's just two blocks away.  I've been driving out to Belle Meade because I haven't found anything I like that's closer!

• Like 1

Just curious if perhaps the TJ will go in the Landings... as many people consider that to be "downtown" erroneously.  I am curious about why TJ would be a better fit in Germantown over the Gulch or somewhere else... genuinely curious as I go to TJ but not frequently. So what sort of demographics would they target. I know my kids get a lot of grab-and-go salads and snacks. I go for the wines (one of the few here that has Hungarian Tokaj wine) and for dips like everyone else. I'm probably above the mean age at 52, as I see lots of 20-30s there. Also, the TJ here is smallish (I'm guessing 10k-12k sf). 

• Like 2

With the hundreds of new units coming on line in Germantown, Buena Vista and Metro Center, I think a TJ’s at the Hill site on Jefferson would be a huge success. We already have a Publix at Capitol View and a rather dismal Kroger at Rosa Parks and Monroe.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 10:12 AM, chc3 said:

With the hundreds of new units coming on line in Germantown, Buena Vista and Metro Center, I think a TJ’s at the Hill site on Jefferson would be a huge success. We already have a Publix at Capitol View and a rather dismal Kroger at Rosa Parks and Monroe.

Once more highdensity, upscale projects get finished in Germantown,, Kroger will probably replace it with a superstore on the same site.  or significantly upgrade it.

• Like 1

image.png.115d24715363070e3a8bf1b5b3edcb5b.png

I'm a little confused from what i am seeing with the structure progressing on the angled "V" of Pinnacle.  For those newer folks who may not have seen one , here is one of the renderings of the NY project.  The lasst one I could find was in July 2022, but I couldn't get it to load.  No matter, the sloped fascade is still the same.  At any rate, the constuction photo show the "V" column not continung above the parking level continuing the "V' plane.  Another view shows it still sloping but only in one plane.  Has there been a subsequent design change that I have missed?  That would add a lot more foor space in the upper floors, but I don't recall seeing a revised rendering.  Could someone repost it please.  The prooblem of big threads is backtracking to find something months in the past.  If this has changed to a narrow angled plane instead of the "V" to the roof, I will be very disappointed.

140921895_PinnacleTowerApril1620232.thumb.jpeg.529f99c29e4cf8f5b8a6a06a18e82d9e.jpg

154408653_PinnacleTowerApril1620231.thumb.jpeg.b361669a935345377926f52fcafad4cb.jpg

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 3

Not to be a downer, but is the grocery store space one level? Doing some math, its roughly 120' x 120' at 14,400 sf. If you add in the storage/loading dock you get to roughly 16,570 sf. ( and I didn't take out the square footage of the elevator shaft/core that eats into the 14,400) For comparison, the Gulch Publix is quoted at 27,000 sf, the newish East Nash. Turnip Truck is 24,000 sf as is the Trader Joes at White Bridge. Unless there is a second level, this won't be that big.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Not to be a downer, but is the grocery store space one level? Doing some math, its roughly 120' x 120' at 14,400 sf. If you add in the storage/loading dock you get to roughly 16,570 sf. ( and I didn't take out the square footage of the elevator shaft/core that eats into the 14,400) For comparison, the Gulch Publix is quoted at 27,000 sf, the newish East Nash. Turnip Truck is 24,000 sf as is the Trader Joes at White Bridge. Unless there is a second level, this won't be that big.

Correct, it won't be. 14,600 including storage (excluding the trash space) based on a scaled plan. This square footage lends itself to smaller footprint stores like Walgreens/DGX. It could be possible they go get an urban Aldi as well, but I don't think that is nearly as likely. I believe we actually talked about those options at a meetup at some point too. 

Ironically enough, it was almost a year ago today I posted this...  

On 4/15/2022 at 9:38 AM, Bos2Nash said:

Looking through the permit drawings there appears to be a grocery store planned for the corner of lower 10th and Commerce. The drawings show a single dock and single storage room and about 14,600 square feet of space (including the storage). Has there been any announcements of a DGX/Aldi type store opening here?

image.thumb.png.6903c9fb71d6e3dd0c9376ad048219cd.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baronakim said:

image.png.115d24715363070e3a8bf1b5b3edcb5b.png

At any rate, the constuction photo show the "V" column not continung above the parking level continuing the "V' plane.  Another view shows it still sloping but only in one plane.  

I see what you mean now.

Edited by MLBrumby

1 hour ago, Baronakim said:

I'm a little confused from what i am seeing with the structure progressing on the angled "V" of Pinnacle.  For those newer folks who may not have seen one , here is one of the renderings of the NY project.  The lasst one I could find was in July 2022, but I couldn't get it to load.  No matter, the sloped fascade is still the same.  At any rate, the constuction photo show the "V" column not continung above the parking level continuing the "V' plane.  Another view shows it still sloping but only in one plane.  Has there been a subsequent design change that I have missed?  That would add a lot more foor space in the upper floors, but I don't recall seeing a revised rendering.  Could someone repost it please.  The prooblem of big threads is backtracking to find something months in the past.  If this has changed to a narrow angled plane instead of the "V" to the roof, I will be very disappointed.

I've also been very confused by this until I walked by it a couple of days ago and looked at it from the side angle.  It still is sloping at the same angle even though it looks like it couldn't be from the photo.  I think it's some kind of weird illusion that seems to disappear when you look at it from the right angle!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

I've also been very confused by this until I walked by it a couple of days ago and looked at it from the side angle.  It still is sloping at the same angle even though it looks like it couldn't be from the photo.  I think it's some kind of weird illusion that seems to disappear when you look at it from the right angle!

140921895_PinnacleTowerApril1620232.thumb.jpeg.529f99c29e4cf8f5b8a6a06a18e82d9e.jpg.e175f8056ea4c674cdbf03e6feb35bb5.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

So if I understand the point made here, the concrete column will be angled in one direction ("in" vs two directions "in and wider") above the garage, but the floors will continue to get wider at the corner and that will be apparent with the glass.  Right? 

Yes, it's going to look just like the render when it's completed.  On that last photo the columns towards the top look like they're vertical similar to the ones next to them but they're not, they're being placed at an angle even though they look like they're shooting straight up.

Edited by MontanaGuy
more info
  • Like 4