Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

12 hours ago, QCxpat said:

Hi Charlotte UP,  

A down vote for my light-hearted post, above, is unwarranted and sickening, and hurts my feelings. 

People need a little tenderness, a little kindness, a little  compassion, and a little caring.  You've driven me off Charlotte UP.   

As a despised minority, myself, I'll leave you with the words of The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:

"Letter from Birmingham Jail," Good Friday, April 12, 1963:

"We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and Godgiven rights. ...  when you see the vast majority of your twenty million Negro brothers smothering in an airtight cage of poverty in the midst of an affluent society ... when your first name becomes 'n......,' your middle name becomes 'boy' ... and your last name becomes 'John,' ... when you are forever fighting a degenerating sense of 'NOBODINESS' -- then you will understand why we find it difficult to wait."

Best always,

QCxpat

Edited by QCxpat
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, QCxpat said:

I don't think his downvote was at you. He might just be sick of the song. Every single bar I went to in Dublin, Manchester, Glasgow had somebody playing this song on a guitar, I quickly grew sick of it myself.  One night three bands in a row at a bar in Northern Dublin played this exact song. So yea, you had a lovely post, don't be discouraged, its just a very easy song to get sick of lol.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, QCxpat said:

You are definitely taking this the wrong way.  It wasn't remotely directed at you (just the song).  Your likes are more than double your posts (which is an almost unheard of ratio) so people like your contributions (a lot).  Totally your call if you decide to leave but you are a well-liked contributor and you would be missed...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remove my joking downvote in order to restore your self confidence and make you feel whole again. Please come back! ;-) 

BTW, you made me look up if I have the star trek episode where they put the worm in the ear. I need to watch that again.  My brain works in mysterious ways.

Edited by elrodvt
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elrodvt said:

I remove my joking downvote in order to restore your self confidence and make you feel whole again. Please come back! ;-) 

BTW, you made me look up if I have the star trek episode where they put the worm in the ear. I need to watch that again.  My brain works in mysterious ways.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

If it's 18,000 sq ft, it should cover most. (225x80?) *fingers crossed*

seems like theres 30,000 sq feet to cover. got my fingers crossed too. I harbor a healthy amount of skepticism toward this project. I like to pretend developers give a crap what i say.

Edited by Guest

when is the prefab hotel going to get started and won't it block part of this parking garage view as well?

Sure. But does blocking ugly mean the ugly is no longer there? My point is 18k doesn’t fully represent the brevity of what all needs to be covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. But does blocking ugly mean the ugly is no longer there? My point is 18k doesn’t fully represent the brevity of what all needs to be covered.

Will the hotel block some of the screening? I have been concerned that they are wasting the screening, which I like, on a portion of the deck that will be hidden by the hotel. I sure hope they cover enough of the rest of the deck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if what is framed out in AP3's pic is what we get. I'm not expecting more than the square space where all the braces are right now.

Nah, it’ll be more for sure, it’s just kinda a head scratcher, because this part will be 80+% blocked by Even Hote

Can't they paint the rest of it?

It’d be painted cinderblock, sounds horrible. I would have rather they made a faux facade.

Will the hotel block some of the screening? I have been concerned that they are wasting the screening, which I like, on a portion of the deck that will be hidden by the hotel. I sure hope they cover enough of the rest of the deck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep will block a lot of what we are seeing now.

The area that has brackets is only about 4,000 sq ft.
If this is supposed to be 18,000 (was that previously confirmed?) Then this will grow by 4x.

18,000 is confirmed yes.

10 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

That's a lot of space. Could you really get a NYC space for that?

BTW,  what do you think my 2 bed 1280 sq at 230 S Tryon should rent for? What thread should I ask that in?

most uptown condos rent around $2 a sq ft so 2500-2700 a month maybe depending on floor.  

This stonewall station penthouse is $5.80 a sq ft which is extremely high per square for Charlotte and something like that would be even more in NYC brand new of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw the screening for he first time in person today and my first reaction was it looks better in the photos posted here.

In person you see the gaps between the panes. It’s like disjointed not smooth as the photos make it look.

I’m withholding final judgment until it’s complete, but I’m not holding my breath they cover enough. In fact I’m willing to bet they wasted 1/2 of this material that would be better served on place they won’t cover.

• Like 2

Renderings of the art's coverage coming at 4pm. Just FYI, its much smaller scope than we had expected. Its just the entire exposed corner. No word on whats going along the on ramp, and toward Stonewall.

Edited by Guest