The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

I don't think it was top secret info or anything, but at the meet this past Saturday it was said that groundbreaking was scheduled for Dec 1 now, instead of early November. Speculation for the month or so delay was because of the recent announcement that the project grew in size, and they need a little extra time to sort that out. 

That was recently announced in one of the developer's news releases, via the Tennessean.  It increased in size, at least by 24 additional rooms, and presumably more lobby space and accommodations. No updated rendering was released.

Edited by MLBrumby

Can you be more specific on why/how the Westin development grew in size? Great news regardless...

It was initially supposed to be 25 stories and 432 rooms, and about a month ago it was announced that it grew by 22 rooms. I think it's now 27 stories as well. 

Kevin Fee, managing partner for developer Nashville Hospitality Capital LLC, confirmed that D.F. Chase Inc. will handle construction for the 27-story hotel. Groundbreaking for the $116 million project is expected by early November after the developer closes remaining financing by the end of October. Fee’s update comes after the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency revealed that the planned hotel would be growing to 452 rooms, an increase of 22 rooms over previous plans. “We think there’s plenty of demand in the market. More is always better,” Fee said.

• Like 1

East Side Urbanite-

Can you contact The Westin developers to see if they are still on tract to break ground in December despite the JW Marriott news? I would think (hope) The Westin and JW Marriott, while both full-service, cater to two different types of full-service customers (with JW Marriott being more luxurious). 

• 2 weeks later...

Dec,1 was what was said at the last meet for the groundbreaking. Obviously that didn't happen so maybe we can hope for some time in December... :dontknow:

It's been a while since we heard anything publicly from the developers, and the dates keep getting pushed back. I gotta say that I'm not as confident about this project as I used to be. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but one has to wonder if announcements like Turnberry's JW Marriott and the First Babtist Church site has started to make them second guess this project. I hope I'm wrong but, who knows...

It is moving forward....That's all I can say. There are always delays on any number of projects anywhere.

I hope your right Ron. I noticed on Starwood hotels website that up until recently the Westin Nashville was on there showing coming soon. Now, it's gone. I know that might not mean anything, but I thought it was interesting. 

I hope your right Ron. I noticed on Starwood hotels website that up until recently the Westin Nashville was on there showing coming soon. Now, it's gone. I know that might not mean anything, but I thought it was interesting.

I just found it on their website. It says coming January 2017. They better get moving!

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/directory/new-hotels/all/detail.html

Tennessean reports that the $84 million construction loan for the $119 million Westin has been secured...  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/12/03/westin-nashville-hotel-developer-snags-construction-loan/19844401/

From the article... 

Multiple lenders have committed to a $84 million construction loan for the 27-story, 452-rooms hotel, 

The other $35 million includes equity Fee and a business partner contributed plus $16 million of tax-increment financing, which the Metro Development and Housing Agency’s board of commissioners approved three months ago 

• Like 2