5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

The mystery retailer at the corner of 5th & Broadway should be known very soon. A permit for the construction of a 4 story segment has been applied for.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21069278/work-to-start-on-curb-victory-hall

Has anyone found this particular permit they are talking about? I looked a bit and didn’t find anything.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:21 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I sent it to William but there was no mention of the name of the company and only that it was a four story addition. I sent it to him while I was in Chicago and it was a permit applied for.

I was looking and it looks like the permit is for 34,659 sq feet (if I looked at it correctly). I looked up the size of an Apple flagship store. It says the world's largest is in Dubai and it's 40,000 sq ft. So....maybe it's not an Apple flagship? (who knows though).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Edgefield D said:

I was looking and it looks like the permit is for 34,659 sq feet (if I looked at it correctly). I looked up the size of an Apple flagship store. It says the world's largest is in Dubai and it's 40,000 sq ft. So....maybe it's not an Apple flagship? (who knows though).

But...if the world's largest Apple store is 40k...and what is being built in Nashville is 35k...that would suggest that maybe it IS an Apple store.  Similar sizes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, titanhog said:

But...if the world's largest Apple store is 40k...and what is being built in Nashville is 35k...that would suggest that maybe it IS an Apple store.  Similar sizes.

True, but my first thought was that we surely aren’t getting something close in size to the world’s largest. But then, I dug a little deeper and see that the one in NYC recently went from 32k sq ft to 77k. So, the Dubai info is outdated anyway. I guess we find out when they tell us....

On 5/24/2019 at 5:44 PM, smeagolsfree said:

According to Johm M that many of us know here, said that he spoke to a forman and said that the remainder of the office structure willl be steel frame and should be close to 400'.

I have to wonder if maybe the guy he talked to got that mixed up with the height of the residential tower.  In the background you can see the Renaissance Hotel which is 385 feet high and is still towering over the two new towers and is only 31 stories high.  The new office tower is only going to be 25 stories and about 320 feet tall when it's done so I can't imagine that this could be correct.  The residential tower is going to be 34 stories tall but is already at 28 stories so it sure doesn't look like it's going to going to top the Renaissance Hotel.  However, I'm not sure if that 28 floors is talking about the core or the floors that have been constructed.  It's finished height is listed at 430 feet but I mentioned that source before which is Wikipedia and is known for not always being accurate.   I couldn't find a completed height from any other website so I'm not sure how tall it's going to be once it's completed but if the core was going to get 6 more stories it might get close to the height of the Renaissance, I'm just not sure if that's the case.  Maybe somebody could clarify that, thanks!

Edited by MontanaGuy