5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

5 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I kid, I kid.   While I was hoping to see a construction straggler near the fence so I can ask the question he/she probably wouldn't know... it certainly/probably/most likely won't be a a Build-A-Bear.  An American Girl store, however...

The sad thing about it is that I could actually see someone deciding the world's 3rd largest Build-A-Bear Workshop would be just fine at that corner. :huh:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

People were outraged that a walgreens was proposed on Broadway. So yes I think people will be outraged that an apple store will ruin the honky tonk vibe. 

Also, many of those people probably have not been downtown in years and have no idea what it is like now.   Like was said. It's the  "new Nashville" public outrage that I'm talking about. 

I hope no one tells them that an H&M is going in the same development...

• Like 2

Well, if it is truly going to be a technology store, then Apple, Samsung, or Amazon would be the only ones that could pull it off. I can't see Dell or Microsoft in the picture

If it is not a technology store, then it could be anything from Victoria's Secret to Louis Vuitton to Bloomingdale's; maybe even a new market for someone like Hudson Bay

And I say this with all seriousness, it could be Starbucks. I have seen a few of these in some high-end places that would blow your mind. And they out-perform all expectations

• Like 2

I'm gonna laugh if that mystery corner just ends up being a big open plaza. I don't think that's actually a likely outcome, but it seems oddly consistent with our "propose tall, build small" adage we've all learned to accept as the norm.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 8:29 PM, LA_TN said:

Well, if it is truly going to be a technology store, then Apple, Samsung, or Amazon would be the only ones that could pull it off. I can't see Dell or Microsoft in the picture

If it is not a technology store, then it could be anything from Victoria's Secret to Louis Vuitton to Bloomingdale's; maybe even a new market for someone like Hudson Bay

And I say this with all seriousness, it could be Starbucks. I have seen a few of these in some high-end places that would blow your mind. And they out-perform all expectations

It truly is a tech brand, and no it's not going to be Dell or Microsoft.

Nor a Starbucks, though I do think that would be the perfect tourist trap for that corner.

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Thanks 3