5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

18 hours ago, AronG said:

Driver safety meaning the people running into them? I never understood why we have to worry more about them than the pedestrians on the other side of the bollard...

If the objective is to protect the pedestrians then there are a lot of other ways to do it that are safer for both pedestrians and vehicle occupants. Guardrail or concrete barriers, for example. But the nice thing about pedestrians is that they have a frangible base.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

I was downtown Sunday afternoon/night to attend the incredible Pink concert and the apartment tower, even at 18 floors, is very imposing.  Also, the new Cambria has an excellent stage and a nice size area to listen to some excellent music.  They had all the windows along Rosa Parks open and must say that its bar area is really impressive.  Not crowded and dirty like so many on lower Broad. 

Interesting perspective on Cambria's NashHouse and stage.  Perhaps we get some classier establishments off-Broadway that expand the type of tourists coming to Nashville.

• Like 4

So I wonder with these local names flocking to 5th and Broad what it will do to the anchor shops. The pharmacy always has a wait (luckily never super long for me) but they must expect a downturn in business at the original with this. Granted that is to be expected with any local expansion 

6 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

So I wonder with these local names flocking to 5th and Broad what it will do to the anchor shops. The pharmacy always has a wait (luckily never super long for me) but they must expect a downturn in business at the original with this. Granted that is to be expected with any local expansion 

I think it will be complimentary. Your average tourist that doesn't leave lower Broadway will get to sample more Nashville fair. Locals will continue to go to the original spots, but take advantage of being able to hit them up downtown pre-Preds match or concert, etc. Win-win for all.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I think much of the draw for Pharmacy comes from the unique outdoor space.  Having more indoor space with regular convention traffic through the winter months may be more complementary to their other location than cannibalistic.

I am surprised to see both Pharmacy and Vol Elrods on the list together, however, as I think of them as being pretty similar establishments.

• Like 1