5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some new renderings of The Place at 5th & Broadway.  Units will range from 500 sq. ft. studios to penthouse suites exceeding 2,000 sq. ft.  Amenities will include an outdoor pool and deck, lounge areas, co-working space, a recording studio, and high-end trainer-driven workout facilities.

5th & Broadway, The Place, Oct 29, 2019, render 3.png

5th & Broadway, The Place, Oct 29, 2019, render 4.png

5th & Broadway, The Place, Oct 29, 2019, render 5.png

5th & Broadway, The Place, Oct 29, 2019, render 6.png

Interior treatments do so much in these images. When I did a site walk a couple months back the exposed concrete ceilings and concrete columns seemed a bit off, but it starts to gel in these images. Specifically the second image

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I thought I had heard that the rooftop of that part of the project was for use by the National Museum of African American Music.

There won't be any rooftop activation on top of the Apple store. I'm pretty sure the min-roof top music venue will be run by the food hall folks. I think they manage the whole roof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Second is geez that roof seems like a massive load being carried by two small steel columns.    Add a random TN ice storm on top that, and, well, I’m sure some engineer has run the numbers, but... 

8 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Oh wow. Big roof, two tiny pillars.

I'm not a structural engineer but it looks like there is a cantilever component to the roof from the more substantial columns adjacent to the main building. The roof beams themselves are way too stout for simply supporting the roof.

Unless they are expecting to support a roof load that isn't simply water/snow/ice...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else like the glass cladding of the apartment tower has stalled out?  I have been waiting for those last two floors to get glass for the past month it seems like and nothing is changing.  Does anyone have any insight into what they might be doing?

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:15 AM, Armacing said:

Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else like the glass cladding of the apartment tower has stalled out?  I have been waiting for those last two floors to get glass for the past month it seems like and nothing is changing.  Does anyone have any insight into what they might be doing?

Glass going in on the east side of the 33rd floor.   Won't be long now.

IMG_2409.thumb.jpg.9c2a0f13e64e490e525d9666daedeaba.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Any idea when they might finish putting the bollards up on Lower Broad? That temporary fencing looks really tacky and not terribly safe either.

Yeah, I agree the fencing is a bad look, not to mention the hazard of pedestrians stumbling over the curbs.      The bollard project on the north side of Broad is a better look, but it's also a significant project that widened the sidewalks and added new concrete curbs  and expanded pedestrian bulbs at the corners.      In other words, in a city with no money in the budget, we'll probably have the cattle fencing for a while.     

image.png.812098bdb51ef1b578d54757ae81b0f1.png

• Like 1