Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

It's not just 8 South that's suffering. Much of the city is lacking in adequate pedestrian infrastructure once you leave the CBD. Even when there are sidewalks, they're often crumbling, overgrown, or treated as a convenient storage or parking location by construction crews or locals.

Agreed. What makes Franklin Pike particularly bad is that we have over 1,000 new units and roughly a dozen restaurants/bars going up within a few blocks and pedestrians hopping across 5 lanes with no crosswalks or sidewalks. This being said, it looks like the appropriate steps are being taken and it is just a matter of time before things get a lot better.

• Like 2

I noticed today that the corner lot at 12th Ave S and Wedgewood have a red planning commission hearing sign out. Treg Warner had purchased the two lots between the Midtown Hills Precinct and Wedgewood last year. I can't find any details about what the appeal is for, but hopefully we see a new development there which will really bring things along at that intersection. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

I noticed today that the corner lot at 12th Ave S and Wedgewood have a red planning commission hearing sign out. Treg Warner had purchased the two lots between the Midtown Hills Precinct and Wedgewood last year. I can't find any details about what the appeal is for, but hopefully we see a new development there which will really bring things along at that intersection. 

Don't get your hopes up. It's for a sign for the smoothie king.

Heads up: the Franklin Pike multimodal study community meeting and open house is tomorrow (Feb. 27) from 9 a.m. until noon at 2600 Franklin Pike (The Melrose):

"A study of the 8th Avenue South/Franklin Pike corridor from Wedgewood Avenue on the north to Berry Road on the south is underway and we want your input. Our goal is to develop a plan for future improvements to Franklin Pike, by assessing needs for vehicle, pedestrian, bicycle, and public transit modes of transportation. Your first opportunity to participate is a Community Open House on Saturday, February 27th, between 9 am and noon at the community room of The Melrose apartment community, 2600 Franklin Pike."

http://www.berryhilltn.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=62

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Ideas about development along Murfreesboro Pike between inner-loop and Thompson Lane:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/02/26/lagging-murfreesboro-pike-dreams-growth/80824210/

Good to see Murfreesboro Pike starting to revitalize. It's so close to downtown and has so much potential. Especially if Envision Napier becomes a reality. I wouldn't be surprised to see developers taking advantage of the affordable land prices and this corridor looking completely different in the years to come.

• Like 2

Wow, I absolutely love the looks of that project!  What an incredible boon that will be for a neighborhood that, in my opinion, has loads of potential.  That brown art deco industrial building that can be seen on the bottom left of the above aerial is probably my favorite building in the city that nobody ever talks about.  

• 3 weeks later...

St. Roch's coming to WeHo. NOLA food hall with 13 vendors. From the Tennessean:  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/03/18/new-orleans-food-hall-expanding-nashville/81856990/

St. Roch Market opened last year in New Orleans with635937439336322038-NAS-St-Roch-Market-01.jpg

And another project a bit further south.... 

The growing area between Lenox and Nolensville.  Latest development:  http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/03/nolensvilles-surging-population-sparks-a-jolt-of.html

200 townhomes/flats and retail:   The proposed Shoppes at Burkitt Place will include close to 200 residential units and about 36,000 square feet of retail space.

This section of Davidson County is the fastest growing area of the county; however, I'd be concerned about the infrastructure.  There is the huge Community Health office complex going up at Bell/Cane Ridge/I-24, and the last time I traveled in that area a few years back, the roads were crooked and narrow. I recall about 15 years ago, there was some discussion about a "Tri-County Expressway" going from Smyrna to Brentwood, and I think it was supposed to be a tollway.  Seems like that idea died a quiet death. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

Alloy on Tech Hill project to get underway (recently referred to on this forum as the Herron Drive project) to get underway in early summer. One of the parcels on the 5.5 acre site has already been chosen by Bongo Java for their new roasting operations (relocating from Gulch warehouse structure recently sold). 

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20491903/summer-start-eyed-for-fairgroundsarea-project

Here is the location (in turquoise at center) from our very own Development Map (maintained by Smeagolsfree):

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 11.25.34 AM.png

It will be super interesting what happens with 4th Ave S and 2nd Ave S when the Outpost is complete. Both are one way 4th - out and 2nd - in. There is a railroad crossing on 4th and also on Chestnut that will back traffic up past Chestnut for as long as 45 minutes. Beyond it being incredibly inconvenient for everyone except CSX. The first time a emergency or anything happens at the Outpost there will be hell to pay I imagine. 

Hopefully it doesn't come to that but being as how Nashville is reactive instead of proactive I imagine something terrible will happen before it's fixed. 

On February 27, 2016 at 10:40 PM, MLBrumby said:

LOL... only in Nashvegas will you find a minor dent repair next door to a bagel/coffee shop.  I guess that's what you call 'transition'.  Dang, your city is changing so fast! 

There is no zoning in Houston, so that sort of juxtaposition is commonplace!

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

It will be super interesting what happens with 4th Ave S and 2nd Ave S when the Outpost is complete. Both are one way 4th - out and 2nd - in. There is a railroad crossing on 4th and also on Chestnut that will back traffic up past Chestnut for as long as 45 minutes. Beyond it being incredibly inconvenient for everyone except CSX. The first time a emergency or anything happens at the Outpost there will be hell to pay I imagine. 

Hopefully it doesn't come to that but being as how Nashville is reactive instead of proactive I imagine something terrible will happen before it's fixed. 

Welcome to the forum Paul. I may have missed your first post somewhere. Join us at a meet some time.