Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Good points, and right now you’re safe to say them. But I’ve learned that it’s always best not to say never, yes you and I probably will never see the density of the type to replace some of the neighborhoods you mentioned. But 20 years ago who would have thought 12south or W/H would be transforming into dense neighborhoods as they are on their way to. Look at Germantown or the farmland of Williamson, Rutherford and Wilson Counties, who would have thought they would be developed as they are. Yes it might be 25-50 years away, but that farmland and hills you talk about will someday be gone and turned into dense suburbs of the central core. 

Yes, but 12South and Weho are very close in the original (PreMetro) city limits.  The buildings there are deep in the very early business  districts of the city. As to surrounding counties, certainly Williamson County has exploded, but it is also the wealthiest county in the country.  Off the interstate for several miles, it rapidly changes with development.  However, this isn't so evident towards Williamsport, Fly or Santa Fe.  Development follows the interstate down to Cool Springs, Spring Hill etc.   Lots of  rural land virtually unchanged for decades.  Even in Nashville, houses like on Iverson in Inglewood built in the 1920s have been remodeled and are likely to stand for another hundred years at least. Even Gallatin Pike is not a great deal changed from  Inglewood to Madison.  The same can be said of Dickerson Road from Due West to Goodletsville.  No, Nashville is extremely fortunate to have a rig of small municipaties which corral development into the centtral core.  How much change have you seen other than highway improvements, in density  on Franklin Pike from I 440 to Brentwood.  Schools, churches, yes and older homes demoed and built into estate homes, but has it gotten denser?  Not to my eyes.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 1

Like I originally stated, different strokes for different folks. I’m not going to escalate this any further, due to my respect for you and the fact this all started from a comment about townhouse development. I myself welcome any and all new development, regardless of its location or scope ( even the Haven developments ) and hope that it continues to grow Middle Tennessee into a dense community of numerous cities and towns. I only seek darkness in the movie theater, I love bright city lights, and actually think Nashville needs to be brighter. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Like I originally stated, different strokes for different folks. I’m not going to escalate this any further, due to my respect for you and the fact this all started from a comment about townhouse development. I myself welcome any and all new development, regardless of its location or scope ( even the Haven developments ) and hope that it continues to grow Middle Tennessee into a dense community of numerous cities and towns. I only seek darkness in the movie theater, I love bright city lights, and actually think Nashville needs to be brighter. 

Oh, I fully agree that escalation is not required.  I think you and I are mostly on the same page.  Going back to the initial comment on those townhouse, I think our differences are qualitative, not quantitative.  I just viewed those IMO as a very poor use of a site.  Horrible 1970s layout of parking, boring fascade and just wrong overall.   Nashville can certainly deserve much better.  I feel the same about many other projects suffering from overall unimpressive design.  Unfortunately, the high demand for housing forces new many Nashvillians to accept needlessly ugly and boring facilities.  I think we all on UP appreciate how our city needs to grow.  We really need to view our comments as discussion rather than argument.  I for myself am happy to do so in my somewhat longwinded and pontifical (at times) way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Oh, I fully agree that escalation is not required.  I think you and I are mostly on the same page.  Going back to the initial comment on those townhouse, I think our differences are qualitative, not quantitative.  I just viewed those IMO as a very poor use of a site.  Horrible 1970s layout of parking, boring fascade and just wrong overall.   Nashville can certainly deserve much better.  I feel the same about many other projects suffering from overall unimpressive design.  Unfortunately, the high demand for housing forces new many Nashvillians to accept needlessly ugly and boring facilities.  I think we all on UP appreciate how our city needs to grow.  We really need to view our comments as discussion rather than argument.  I for myself am happy to do so in my somewhat longwinded and pontifical (at times) way.  

Wouldn’t have it any other way! You have a great day my friend.

Switchyards will open its 2nd East Nashivlle members-only work club in a 3,749 sq. ft. space in a historic trackside warehouse in the East Hill neighborhood that will open on March 22nd  Just like their first location at Eastwood,  will have a large cafe, library space, and phone boots for private calls. Memberships are $100 per month. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/01/22/switchyards-new-locations-waitlist-coworking.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Edgefield D said:

My apologies if this has already been discussed (I’m not on here as often as I would like). But, is 800 Main dead? I don’t see it on Development Tracker anymore. Thanks.

The SP zoning was approved and can be viewed on the SP Viewer. The SP was signed and official by Mayor Cooper on August 28,2023. My guess is it is working through the money side of it now more than anything.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice this structure on the intersection of Cahal and Porter? The one on the right sat open to the elements for a really long time and construction was halted with much of the particleboard uncovered. Now it appears construction has restarted and they’ve also threw up the one on the left. Again, pretty certain all that particleboard on the one on the right was left open to the elements for a really extended time and was not replaced. Buyer beware.

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1592.jpeg

Edited by TnNative
Edit
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

Maybe they will put the rat hole they call McDonalds out of business that sits very close by. Then you get a one for one trade off. Most likely Fat Mo's will bite the dust.

9 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Maybe they will put the rat hole they call McDonalds out of business that sits very close by. Then you get a one for one trade off. Most likely Fat Mo's will bite the dust.

A few years ago they were trying to sell that Fat MO’s location for like 16 million. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

100%. I really hope they are not granted any variance. I'm definitely writing to the BZA to express my thoughts on how awful a curb cut and even a building width reduction would be. Even if they are not requesting a curb cut, they are probably trying to shrink their building to accommodate a two lane drive thru which is just insane to me. 

Please share so I can send something similar. 

• Like 4

I was curious. Does anyone know anything about the future of Hunters Station? That used to be a regular stop for us (as we don’t cook)…but it is beyond sad to go there nowadays. It used to just be packed. My partner loves Taziki’s and their corporate told me in the Fall that they were putting one there. Recently they confirmed that they are not moving forward with it. I know that Fresh Hospitality has that food truck incubator in the basement and I see lots of permits for that. And, I think there are offices on the second floor. It just seems like such a waste and I can’t figure out why they don’t get some things in there to replace everything that has closed. Just curious if anyone has heard anything.

• Like 3

On 2/9/2024 at 7:55 AM, Edgefield D said:

It just seems like such a waste and I can’t figure out why they don’t get some things in there to replace everything that has closed. Just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Haven't heard anything. But I stopped going there a while back when (free) parking became diabolically difficult. I have friends who felt the same. A victim of EN's success, IMHO. 

• Like 1