Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

55 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Southern Land Company has finalized the purchase of the 15 acre Lincoln Tech campus site for $33.75 million. No word yet on when things might get started for the large mixed-use project that will feature residential, office, and retail elements in some structures up to 7 stories tall.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/developer-pays-33-75m-for-east-side-educational-campus/article_b92a9064-0956-11ee-88ed-6b5e9d42985d.html

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 3.39.57 PM.png

Really happy this sale has closed, really eager to see when it will get started. I believe the deal initially had plans that allowed Lincoln Tech to remain on the property for up to a year on a "free lease" while they shop for new property.

Edited by macdougall
  • Like 4

Diesel college can stay on the property until Jan 2025 while they build out their new campus. I know they’ve already starting bidding out the design services for the different phases.

I also heard that SLC is trying to buy the lots across from Tower Deli, but the owners of the axe throwing building do not want to sell. 

Edited by WebberThomas4
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Diesel college can stay on the property until Jan 2025 while they build out their new campus. I know they’ve already starting bidding out the design services for the different phases.

I also heard that they are trying to buy the lots across from Tower Deli, but the owners of the axe throwing building do not want to sell. 

It would seem a little pointless to buy property right next to land they are selling to locate a new campus to. I would think they will want to leave this area and build new outside the core. They need a lot of space for dorms and classrooms. So why would they be moving in the first place?

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

It would seem a little pointless to buy property right next to land they are selling to locate a new campus to. I would think they will want to leave this area and build new outside the core. They need a lot of space for dorms and classrooms. So why would they be moving in the first place?

Sorry - my post was confusing. SLC is trying to buy the land.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

After nearly 4 years of sitting on the empty site they purchased for $860,000, Core Development has finally announced a 3 story mixed-use project on .83 acre at 4706 Gallatin Pike. It will feature 32 residential units and ground level retail.  An $11.23 million dollar loan has been secured from First Farmers and Merchants Bank  for the construction. Groundbreaking should happen soon, with a fall 2024 completion planned.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mixed-use-building-eyed-for-inglewood/article_535e92da-0960-11ee-9448-fbbd1235312e.html

4706 Gallatin Pike, June 13, 2023, render 1 .png

4706 Gallatin Pike, June 13, 2023, render 2 .png

4706 Gallatin Pike, June 13, 2023, render 3 .png

4706 Gallatin Pike, Oct 11, 2019, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent  development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1160694395_4706GallatinPikeJune132023sitemap.png

These renderings are hideous. Really would like to see a design change for these. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hideous is the perfect word for those images. That's surprising to me b/c it appears Core bought the land at a relatively great price, but the design looks value engineered. I do hope that is real brick siding, but the color looks blah; and the verticle protrusions resemble the exterior of telephone switching building. The windows look like LA "dingbats" from the 1950s-60s. Unremarkable. I'm not familiar with that particular area, but maybe it's in a very "Iffy" area and they don't want to build anything better. IDK

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

After nearly 4 years of sitting on the empty site they purchased for $860,000, Core Development has finally announced a 3 story mixed-use project on .83 acre at 4706 Gallatin Pike. It will feature 32 residential units and ground level retail.  An $11.23 million dollar loan has been secured from First Farmers and Merchants Bank  for the construction. Groundbreaking should happen soon, with a fall 2024 completion planned.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mixed-use-building-eyed-for-inglewood/article_535e92da-0960-11ee-9448-fbbd1235312e.html

4706 Gallatin Pike, June 13, 2023, render 1 .png

4706 Gallatin Pike, June 13, 2023, render 2 .png

4706 Gallatin Pike, June 13, 2023, render 3 .png

4706 Gallatin Pike, Oct 11, 2019, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent  development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1160694395_4706GallatinPikeJune132023sitemap.png

This is an insultingly unattractive design for a project at a high profile site on a major thoroughfare!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

This is an insultingly unattractive design for a project at a high profile site on a major thoroughfare!

Be it may that it is a major thouroughfare, it fits in with the mile or two of crap there is there now.  Another turd of a building will make little difference and the main neighbors will not complain very much, being two extremely large cemeteries.  The  only interesting nearby building nearby was demolished by Metro decades ago and just left the uglist part of it standing. (Issac Litton HS).  Developers also demolished the beautiful estate of the late country star Jim Reeves for a Home Depot essentually right across the street from this proposed turkey.  No respect for history whatsoever.

images.jpg

download.jpg

Edited by Baronakim
  • Sad 2

On 6/12/2023 at 4:48 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

I also heard that SLC is trying to buy the lots across from Tower Deli, but the owners of the axe throwing building do not want to sell. 

Man I hope they get some of those ~7 corner lots to sell.

image.png.717d829dc7c6c30b87c98af629e808dd.png

• Like 2

600 Stewarts Ferry (4 stories, 318 units) update: exteriors nearing completion across site.

Looking SE from Stewarts Ferry Pike, 1/2 block east of McCrory Creek  Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, May 27, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from Stewarts Ferry Pike, 1/2 block east of McCrory Creek  Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, May 27, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Stewarts Ferry Pike, just east of McCrory Creek Rd:

600 Stewarts Ferry, May 27, 2023, 3.jpeg

Looking north from Total Quality Logistics HQ parking lot:

600 Stewarts Ferry, May 27, 2023, 4.jpeg

• Like 4

We now have a diagram for the layout of the 3 structure, 4 story, 292 unit apartment complex by Greystar Real Estate for 1401 Gallatin Pike.  They have secured a construction loan and plan on breaking ground this summer.

Additionally, Rusty Dunn has just purchased the 2 acre 1425 Gallatin Pike lot just to the north for $825,000.  Currently there is a used car dealership on the site.  He will probably flip it to another developer, possibly even Greystar.  

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/investor-buys-next-to-madison-development-sites/article_409b53e2-106b-11ee-b990-4748942c3afb.html

1401 Gallatin Pike, June 21, 2013, site diagram.png

• Like 3