Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

The .38 acre site at 407-409 Russell St. has sold for $1.85 million to hotel developer 3H Group out of Chattanooga.  This group also built the new TownePlace Suites at 1414 Charlotte in Midtown.  The Allinder family had bought the land in the early 80s for $60,000.  They recently sol the adjoining lot at 408 Woodland to Sun Development, which plans an 11 story hotel there.

No word from 3H Group on what type or size hotel they have planned for the 407-409 Russell site.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/hotel-developers-buy-east-nashville-parcels/article_7642ff1c-5720-11ee-a035-2f51e2fb43c0.html

407-409 Russell Hotel, Sept 19, 2023.png

Awfully blood small for a hotel site compared with the Woodland site.  Too bad they didn't get the baskball court to make it a more reasonable site for development.  Maybe they will.

10 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Awfully blood small for a hotel site compared with the Woodland site.  Too bad they didn't get the baskball court to make it a more reasonable site for development.  Maybe they will.

The basketball courts are owned by MDHA and are a part of the MDHA housing just to the south. I believe those units are slated for redevelopment, but that is still a little bit down the road I would think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

The basketball courts are owned by MDHA and are a part of the MDHA housing just to the south. I believe those units are slated for redevelopment, but that is still a little bit down the road I would think.

I think it would be massively foolish for Metro to redevelop that MDHA site. It is very too much small and the property would be wasted  for such a use IMO.  Sell it at a windfall profit for hotels and uses more in keeping with the development proposed around the new stadium.  Metro MDHA could then use the sale proceeds to build a much more comprehensive facility elsewhere.  It would be far better to cash in and use the funds rather than having to come up with monies to redevelop  on this inadequate site using taxpayer money IMO.  I also think Metro also made a huge mistake in redevoping the housing over off Charlotte with small scale residences when the area surrounding it is being developed with highrise residential.  I contend that the value of the land now would be worth razing those suburban townhouses even now and relocating elsewhere in a development more like the Cayce rebuild over by Shelby Street.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully someone in Metro reads your message, 

1 hour ago, Baronakim said:

I think it would be massively foolish for Metro to redevelop that MDHA site. It is very too much small and the property would be wasted  for such a use IMO.  Sell it at a windfall profit for hotels and uses more in keeping with the development proposed around the new stadium.  Metro MDHA could then use the sale proceeds to build a much more comprehensive facility elsewhere.  It would be far better to cash in and use the funds rather than having to come up with monies to redevelop  on this inadequate site using taxpayer money IMO.  I also think Metro also made a huge mistake in redevoping the housing over off Charlotte with small scale residences when the area surrounding it is being developed with highrise residential.  I contend taht the value of the land now would be worth razing those suburban townhouses even now and relocating elsewhere in a development more like the Cayce rebuild over by Shelby Street.

definitely a great idea! Makes tons of sense, and would provide more density in the intercity. Plus work in Metro’s favor. 

I think the time is near, that MDHA considers going vertical with some of its Housing projects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baronakim said:

I think it would be massively foolish for Metro to redevelop that MDHA site. It is very too much small and the property would be wasted  for such a use IMO.  Sell it at a windfall profit for hotels and uses more in keeping with the development proposed around the new stadium.  Metro MDHA could then use the sale proceeds to build a much more comprehensive facility elsewhere.  It would be far better to cash in and use the funds rather than having to come up with monies to redevelop  on this inadequate site using taxpayer money IMO.  I also think Metro also made a huge mistake in redevoping the housing over off Charlotte with small scale residences when the area surrounding it is being developed with highrise residential.  I contend taht the value of the land now would be worth razing those suburban townhouses even now and relocating elsewhere in a development more like the Cayce rebuild over by Shelby Street.

I agree, that redeveloping just the bball court would be a bad waste of money. Selling the bball courts without a replacement would be a social mistake for the folks living in the housing though. More so than just holding the land for now. Looking at the EB Vision Plan it looks like the Envision Cayce future phases are included that don't represent the bbal courts being redeveloped. Again though, without having that court replaced (because I see it used all the time) it would need to be contractually bound to be replaced prior to selling.

image.thumb.png.5c3c541e9ac6a46893ca9c0465f76b80.png

Personally, I think the Woodland on ramp should go away and MDHA should gain ownership of that land. Then they should redevelop from Shelby all the way to Woodland and provide that housing as mixed-income.

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Hopefully someone in Metro reads your message, 

definitely a great idea! Makes tons of sense, and would provide more density in the intercity. Plus work in Metro’s favor. 

I think the time is near, that MDHA considers going vertical with some of its Housing projects.

Who knows. That future may be closer than you think.

• Like 3

A two-building development is being eyed for a pair of Nashville International Airport-area properties.

According to a document submitted to the Metro Planning Department, the developments would unfold on non-contiguous parcels: one at 801 Royal Parkway and the other at 828 Royal Parkway. The two parcels offer a collective 10.68 acres and are located about 2.5 miles south of Donelson.

The document notes a multi-unit residential building is eyed for the 801 Royal Parkway site. That 5.85-acre property currently offers an office building, called Metropolitan Airport Center, that seemingly accommodates an ACX Xerox call center. The general area offers few one-building apartment properties.

In addition, a hotel is proposed for the 828 Royal Parkway site. That 4.83-acre parcel offers an office building that apparently houses, among others, a Walgreens administrative office. It is sandwiched by a Holiday Inn Express hotel and a Home 2Suites by Hilton hotel.  

Miami-based real estate management company Research Management Corp. owns the 801 property via an LLC, having paid $7.25 million for it and 2006, Metro records show. It paid $5 million for the 828 property, also in 2006.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/airport-area-sites-planned-for-hotel-residential-building/article_25b3036e-57f0-11ee-8f63-ef98d62ff6f8.html

Current structure at 801 Royal Parkway:

801 Royal Parkway, Sept 21, 2023, site.png

668146946_801RoyalParkwaySept212023sitemap.png

Current structure at 828 Royal Parkway:

828 Royal Parkway, Sept 21, 2023, site.png

828 Royal Parkway, Sept 21, 2023, site map.png

• Like 1

304 Oldham St. will be the location of a 5 story self-storage building on 1.78 acres being developed by Wedgewood Avenue Investment.  They are seeking a SP rezoning from Metro Planning Commission on Sept. 28th.  The current owner of the site is BFC Properties, and there is a cluster of small nondescript/non-historic structures on the site which hugs the Spring St./Ellington Parkway intersection.  Smith Gee is the architect.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/storage-building-proposed-for-east-nashville/article_bcc8c1b6-5bca-11ee-bec0-5f9314037be6.html

304 Oldham Storage, Sept 25, 2023, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

927307763_304OldhamStorageSept252023sitemap.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, markhollin said:

304 Oldham St. will be the location of a 5 story self-storage building on 1.78 acres being developed by Wedgewood Avenue Investment.  They are seeking a SP rezoning from Metro Planning Commission on Sept. 28th.  The current owner of the site is BFC Properties, and there is a cluster of small nondescript/non-historic structures on the site which hugs the Spring St./Ellington Parkway intersection.  Smith Gee is the architect.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/storage-building-proposed-for-east-nashville/article_bcc8c1b6-5bca-11ee-bec0-5f9314037be6.html

304 Oldham Storage, Sept 25, 2023, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

927307763_304OldhamStorageSept252023sitemap.png

Happy this was revised from the initial imagery. 

Original view overlooking Spring Street

image.thumb.png.e069e38a247bc5db2d1bdfd11668a38a.png

Revised view overlooking Spring Street

image.thumb.png.91dd8fa470e9636cd41f3df071d82357.png

Not that this property is a large contributor to the overall fabric, but having something along this frontage will be nice. In hope the solar panels come back as well, but maybe that was something that needed to be sacrificed in order to get masonry façade. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I know a some folks don't like to hear Opry Mill news, but I guess there is a PF Changs going in directly adjacent to the new Cheesecake Factory. It will be almost a 5,600 SF restaurant.

The stretch fronting Briley Parkway has been undergoing a pretty extensive overhaul this year with Cheesecake Factory, TJ Maxx and now PF Changs.

image.thumb.png.b839675702112330ae964e5a6d1e00bf.png

The Olive Garden located on an out parcel of Opry Mills property opened for business about a week ago. Saltgrass Steak House located inside the mall opened a couple of months ago. It’s in a space previously occupied by another of the Landry chain’s brands, Claim Jumper.

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 3