Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

On 10/25/2022 at 7:32 AM, smeagolsfree said:

New contractor ZMX at work now. They fired their first contractor. I think there was a merger, or a buyout involved, and the new company was either unable or refused to do the job.

I didn’t realize ZMX was a GC. They are a local developer, but have always hired general contractors as far as I know. Did the whole development team change possibly?

On 11/3/2022 at 6:52 AM, markhollin said:

1034 4th Ave. South conversion from manufacturing to office/commercial is underway.

Looking SE from intersection of 4th Ave. South and Cameron St:

1034 4th Ave South, Oct 15, 2022.jpeg

Let’s just say this is project is an expansion of an existing company here in town related to “plowing”

Vanderbilt University's Engineering and Science Building at 2414 Highland Ave. is going to receive further updates according to a $23.35 million permit that has been issued. Extensive work had been done already in 2015.  Messer Construction will be handling this additional work.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-demo-looms-at-key-west-end-site/article_1dcc891a-5e2a-11ed-9ab0-f3fced0f6396.html

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

There is a guy handing out flyers against the new music venue on Chestnut Street and he’s doesn’t even care he’s just paid to hand out flyers!

Who is even against this arena???

I’ve seen a few signs around Wedgewood-Houston the last couple of weeks. I’ll snap a picture if I remember. 

The Exit/In will see the current leasee/operator Chris Cobb, host his final concerts on Nov. 23rd.  Cobb has been in charge of the small hall/bar for the past 18 years. AJ Capital, which is now based in Nashville and bought the site and adjoining Hurry Back Bar in 2021, will be taking over and starting a new slate of concerts at the turn of the year.  It will still be called Exit/In.

Last year, AJ Capital filed to make Exit/In a historic landmark. In February 2022, the Historic Landmark Overlay District approved historic overlays for a portion of the property located at 2208 Elliston Place.

In a statement, AJ Capital said it plans to begin announcing 2023 shows "very soon."

"The EXIT/IN will remain open, as it has under the stewardship of dozens of operators over the past 51 years, as its irreplaceable self: an iconic Nashville venue and gathering place for music lovers from all over," AJ Capital said in a statement. "We spent the last year securing historic protections for this special and sacred space, which we’re committed to preserving while providing some long overdue physical improvements. We look forward to the next half-century of moments and memories... "

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/industries/music/2022/11/14/exit-in-nashville-tn-changes-coming-2023/69644696007/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I don't get all the hate this is getting. It's has a historic overlay, concerts are still happening, and AJ Capital has a pretty solid track record. 

Is it because it's "corporate" now?

Yes---it is ridiculous how people overreact without any context or facts.  One of the primary narratives floating around out there is that it is going out of business and a hotel is going to be built on the site. 

• Like 4