Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

One other tidbit for you guys. They were core drilling at the Crescent project location on Demonbreun today. That project now has a green light and I would bet the next thing we see are the businesses at that location with vacate soon. Sure they probably are on 30 day notice as far as the leases go.

This whole area will be transformed soon. The Crescent project, the already under construction 7 floor apartments on Demonbreun,the under construction Twelve Twelve, and the approved 16 floor apartments at the roundabout are going to add a considerable amount of density, and they all may be under construction at the same time.

• Like 1

This whole area will be transformed soon. The Crescent project, the already under construction 7 floor apartments on Demonbreun,the under construction Twelve Twelve, and the approved 16 floor apartments at the roundabout are going to add a considerable amount of density, and they all may be under construction at the same time.

I agree. And honestly, while some here want more core-development, I think this stretch is the most impressive and even more important. It's huge (comparatively) amounts of density & mid rise buildings. I really hope to see the Roundabout tower go up sooner than later, as I think that would be one of the largest skyline impacts in the city.

• Like 1

One other tidbit for you guys. They were core drilling at the Crescent project location on Demonbreun today. That project now has a green light and I would bet the next thing we see are the businesses at that location with vacate soon. Sure they probably are on 30 day notice as far as the leases go.

Is the Crescent project on Demonbreun or Division?

I sent this to WW this morning, but he has not had the chance to post, however the NBJ did.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/01/west-end-apartment-complex-slated-for.html

That is a permit for 49 million plus for this permit adn another was issued for the Hill project on Hillsboro for almost 8 million.

Two more of note are for the Sheet Music site. The coin shop is coming down as is a concrete slab at this site. Tony G recently bought both parcels.

Not yet. A few of us have a guess but I am not going to go out on a limb.

Double nails in the coffin of West End Summit if Intercontinental goes to Buckingham.  Wouldn't blame them... as it's been so long since Palmer announced their involvement in WES.  Just noticed, he is still promoting the project on his website with ICH.  

• Like 1

Double nails in the coffin of West End Summit if Intercontinental goes to Buckingham.  Wouldn't blame them... as it's been so long since Palmer announced their involvement in WES.  Just noticed, he is still promoting the project on his website with ICH.  

I could see this definitely ML. Intercontinental would be perfect for the Buckingham.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally progress in getting the previously announced steakhouse moved into this empty spot. This is part of that funky-shaped spot at Division Street and Broadway that once housed the Great Escape record shop and a tobacco/beer store across from the current Ken's Sushi.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/02/steakhouse-closer-to-opening-in-midtown.html

Finally progress in getting the previously announced steakhouse moved into this empty spot. This is part of that funky-shaped spot at Division Street and Broadway that once housed the Great Escape record shop and a tobacco/beer store across from the current Ken's Sushi.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/02/steakhouse-closer-to-opening-in-midtown.html

That story is a little late, as work has been going on for a couple of weeks. By my count, the description of the restaurant in the story is the third "concept" for this site. I'm glad I'm not in the restaurant business.