Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

The Tabernacle Baptist 1+ acre site at 2206-2220 12th Ave. South has finally been sold by the church for $5.5 million to Cottage Partners.  Previously, Turnbridge Equities was working on a 1-3 story mixed use project with underground parking.  It is unclear if Cottage partners is part of that team, or if they are going to start from scratch. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/12south-church-site-eyed-for-project-sells-for-5-5m/article_439017b2-c0f9-11ec-aa87-3be81a238b6a.html

Previous design idea for the site:

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 3.07.30 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I really wish Nashville would implement some uniform guidelines in regards to how buildings address the street, sidewalk width, setback distance etc... maybe the fact that it's a neighborhood in transition makes it seem worse than it is, but a neighborhood like Music Row seems particularly bad with this.  

• Like 2

On 4/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, BnaBreaker said:

I really wish Nashville would implement some uniform guidelines in regards to how buildings address the street, sidewalk width, setback distance etc... maybe the fact that it's a neighborhood in transition makes it seem worse than it is, but a neighborhood like Music Row seems particularly bad with this.  

They do. The Major and Collector Street Plan addresses the width of planting strip, sidewalk and frontages (within the public ROW).

Street setbacks as that is baked into the zoning of private properties. For example, the mixed use "alternate" zoning has a "Build-To" zone that states the building frontage needs to be within that zone. It can vary from 0' to 15' typically. In more traditional zoning policy areas the street setback can range from 5' to 40', but also can vary depending on existing context - we sometimes see that a building needs to look at directly adjacent parcels and utilize the average setback of those properties to set their street setback - or the UZO can have an impact on the street setbacks.

Lastly, the zoning policies stipulate that buildings need to have an articulated main entrance along their primary frontage. In the case of 17th and Grand, it appears to me that they are utilizing a change in material (the wood) to indicate such a main entrance to the building. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

They do. The Major and Collector Street Plan addresses the width of planting strip, sidewalk and frontages (within the public ROW).

Street setbacks as that is baked into the zoning of private properties. For example, the mixed use "alternate" zoning has a "Build-To" zone that states the building frontage needs to be within that zone. It can vary from 0' to 15' typically. In more traditional zoning policy areas the street setback can range from 5' to 40', but also can vary depending on existing context - we sometimes see that a building needs to look at directly adjacent parcels and utilize the average setback of those properties to set their street setback - or the UZO can have an impact on the street setbacks.

Lastly, the zoning policies stipulate that buildings need to have an articulated main entrance along their primary frontage. In the case of 17th and Grand, it appears to me that they are utilizing a change in material (the wood) to indicate such a main entrance to the building. 

I stand corrected!  Thanks for the rundown.  I suppose there just haven't been enough new projects in the area yet since this was implemented for it to really make a visual impact.  

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, markhollin said:

The Tabernacle Baptist 1+ acre site at 2206-2220 12th Ave. South has finally been sold by the church for $5.5 million to Cottage Partners.  Previously, Turnbridge Equities was working on a 1-3 story mixed use project with underground parking.  It is unclear if Cottage partners is part of that team, or if they are going to start from scratch. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/12south-church-site-eyed-for-project-sells-for-5-5m/article_439017b2-c0f9-11ec-aa87-3be81a238b6a.html

Previous design idea for the site:

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 3.07.30 PM.png

I see where a demolition permit has been applied for, for all the current buildings on the site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

I see where a demolition permit has been applied for, for all the current buildings on the site.

Correct. Leaving slabs and footings in place for the time being though. I would believe construction is not imminent (Final SP has not been approved yet).