Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Music Row Apts. at 1005 16th Ae. South (7 stories, 105 units, ground level retail, underground garage) update: dig is getting some depth.

Looking NE from alley between 16th and 17th Aves. South,  1/4 block south of Grand Ave:

Music Row Apts, March 27, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking west from 16th Ave. South, 1/8 block south of Grand Ave:

Music Row Apts, March 27, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking west from intersection of 16th Ave. South and Grand Ave:

Music Row Apts, March 27, 2022, 3.jpeg

• Like 1

1107 8th Ave. South will be the location of a mixed-use residential project of unknown size/units on 1.31 acres by AI. Neyer, who hasn't finalized the purchase of the site from George deZevallos, who paid $137,500 for it in 1984.  Currently, there is a nondescript, non-historic one story print manufacturing structure there. No renderings available yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mixed-use-development-eyed-for-edgehill-site/article_b70bc29e-b042-11ec-8c15-3bbc92a84bd3.html

1107 8th Ave South, March 30, 2022, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1107 8th Ave South, March 30, 2022, site map.png

• Like 4

The Woodfield (6 stories, 292 units, internal garage) update: all structures topped out; prepping for brick work; some cladding underway.

Looking NE from State St., 1/2 block east of 17th Ave. North:

Woodfield, March 27, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking north from State St., 1/4 block west of Mcmillin St:

Woodfield, March 27, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking north from State St., 1/8th block west of Mcmillin St:

Woodfield, March 27, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking NW from intersection of State St. and Mcmillin St:

Woodfield, March 27, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking SW from Mcmillin St., 1/4 block north of Hynes St:

Woodfield, March 27, 2022, 5.jpeg

Looking south from intersection of Bar-B-Q Alley and Patterson St:

Woodfield, March 27, 2022, 6.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of Bar-B-Q Alley and Patterson St:

Woodfield, March 27, 2022, 7.jpeg

Looking SE from Patterson St., 1/2 block east of 17th Ave. North:

Woodfield, March 27, 2022, 8.jpeg

• Like 3

Yes, just saw the LG Broadway/Division tower on there.  And I think I saw the other surprise as well.  Height increase from 20 stories to 30 stories on a certain project.

Edit:  somebody else literally just posted it.  Paseo South Gulch with the height bump.

Edited by TheSound

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

1242 2nd Ave South Townhomes (3 stories, 10 units) update: nearly complete (sadly).
Looking east from 2nd Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Hart St:

1242 2nd Ave South Townhomes, March 5, 2022, 2.jpeg

Good god, I knew this was going to be ugly but double WOOF. 

How in in the name of MDHA does something like this even get approved???

Always say something nice, at least it's brick? And they seem to be saving those old retaining walls. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Always say something nice, at least it's brick? And they seem to be saving those old retaining walls. 

1242 2nd Ave South Townhomes, March 5, 2022, 2.jpeg

Ha.  I had a similar reaction.    Does posting your name on this project win you more business or lose you business?    

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, markhollin said:

1030 Music Row (5 stories, 130,000 sq. ft., underground garage) update: sidewalks and streets now open around the full site; all exterior work complete. Quite handsome.

Looking NE from intersection of 16th Ave. South and Tremont Ave:

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 1.jpeg

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from Tremont Ave., 1/2 block east of 16th Ave. South:

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking SE from 16th Ave. South, just north of Tremont Ave:

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking SE from 16th. Ave. South, 1/3 block north of Tremont Ave:

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 5.jpeg

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 6.jpeg

Various interior shots:

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 7.jpeg

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 8.jpeg

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 9.jpeg

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 10.jpeg

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 11.jpeg

1030 Music Row, March 27, 2022, 12.jpeg

Looks good. Love the wood accents.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Technically this isn't within an MDHA redevelopment district, so they don't have a say. Without diving too deep into the Weho/Chestnut Hill Planning Study or the new(ish) design overlay, this appears to be designed within base zoning so the city really wouldn't have a say over anything other than life safety code checks. Very similar to how the Haven project got approved. 

13 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Looks good. Love the wood accents.

Love the fact that the vast majority of the building is wood. Even the elevator shafts are wood in this building!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

Technically this isn't within an MDHA redevelopment district, so they don't have a say. Without diving too deep into the Weho/Chestnut Hill Planning Study or the new(ish) design overlay, this appears to be designed within base zoning so the city really wouldn't have a say over anything other than life safety code checks. Very similar to how the Haven project got approved. 

Love the fact that the vast majority of the building is wood. Even the elevator shafts are wood in this building!

Yeah I'm pretty sure this got approved and started before the new overlay came into effect I could be wrong though.

The elevator shaft, that's cool, I figured those would still have to be concrete for codes or something, interesting.

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

The elevator shaft, that's cool, I figured those would still have to be concrete for codes or something, interesting.

So did the code officials and elevator contractors haha. But Cross Laminated Timber can easily get fire ratings, but because it is wood it is still a little bit freaky to some. Went on a tour a couple weeks ago and the contractor told us of the saga. To satisfy the code officials and elevator sub they put a coat of clear intumescent paint over the timber. 

• Like 2

The H.G. Hill residential project at 2900 West End Ave. (unknown height, 301 units, 6,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail) looks to be getting closer to reality as the existing Piggly Wiggly Grocery on the 1.5 acre lot is closing on April 20th. This does not effect the other business the stretch to the west (Bombay Palace, fashion retailer UAL ,and Wilson Bank & Trust) as those are owned by non-Hill Realty entities. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/piggly-wiggly-to-close-this-month-on-west-end/article_c1770cdc-b1d9-11ec-891a-23f73c754326.html

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 2.02.37 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just taking out the Pig, huh?  That should make an interesting block. Wonder if the new will keep the parking strip in front. That store used to be called Compton's when I was at VU.  And I'd guess at one time it was a HG Hill store. I remember those too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The H.G. Hill residential project at 2900 West End Ave. (unknown height, 301 units, 6,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail) looks to be getting closer to reality as the existing Piggly Wiggly Grocery on the 1.5 acre lot is closing on April 20th. This does not effect the other business the stretch to the west (Bombay Palace, fashion retailer UAL ,and Wilson Bank & Trust) as those are owned by non-Hill Realty entities. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/piggly-wiggly-to-close-this-month-on-west-end/article_c1770cdc-b1d9-11ec-891a-23f73c754326.html

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 2.02.37 PM.png

Man, this has been being talked about for soooooooo long.  I feel like when West End Hardware and Vandyland Cafe each closed,  the scuttlebutt was a redevelopment of the whole property was "about to happen."