Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I have ideas on who it could be and their silence is deafening right now! Normally they are the right back at ya people. Not going to say who I think just yet.

It would be cool to a "Magic 8 Ball" emoji in the short list in the bottom right corner of a post.  Can Neo do that for us?

12 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Love Tony for helping to save this place…and make it even better for future generations.

I’ll second that! Love Elliston. Born at Baptist in the 60s and cut my metal band teeth in the bars. In the 80s. So grateful Exit/In is going to be saved. Wish Sal’s (not on Elliston) could have been. R.I.P.

FD9787AD-7A39-40C1-AD59-35564512F52D.gif

• Like 1

The Velvet Taco at 1911 Broadway has been granted a permit for $380,000 for Venture Construction to begin work on the newly vacant lot.  No renderings or details of the structure have been released yet. 

More behind the NashvillePost paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/notes-work-to-begin-on-midtown-building-for-taco-eatery/article_1817da20-ba65-11eb-b82c-5b71a14c1158.html

• Thanks 4

Odyssey at the Park (5 stories, hundreds of residential units, ground level retail) update: The early 1900s-era apartment building on the SQ corner of the lot was (sadly) beyond saving, so has been razed.  Now the entire site is cleared and ready for work to begin.

Looking SE from Avoca St., 1/2 block north of Long Blvd:

Odyssey at the Park, May 22, 2021.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I was able to zoom and snag this guy off the cover page from the construction documents. This appears to be the corner of Division and Lyle. Lots of EIFS (similar to stucco, but not) on this job.

image.thumb.png.8d3da526f25f4daf08b094e3eb51d3d9.png

Not sure that rendering depicts this location.        

34 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Not sure that rendering depicts this location.        

The context around it may not, but the building itself does (and architect wouldn't waste the time to make one if the building wasn't represented correctly). You can see from the floor plan below the main door (blue square below) is the pink door in the rendering and the almost garage type looking door adjacent to it. The elevations from the drawing set also speak to the rendering.

image.thumb.png.04dc185e88a1f4926e31799ba7fc18d0.png

Interesting tidbit.... This will have a drive-thru entering off Lyle and exiting on to Division

image.thumb.png.9715005cc21164ab0e464d673bbeee75.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

The context around it may not, but the building itself does (and architect wouldn't waste the time to make one if the building wasn't represented correctly). You can see from the floor plan below the main door (blue square below) is the pink door in the rendering and the almost garage type looking door adjacent to it. The elevations from the drawing set also speak to the rendering.

Interesting tidbit.... This will have a drive-thru entering off Lyle and exiting on to Division

The drive thru addition is disappointing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Beyond disappointing. I can’t believe that a drive thru is permissible in that neighborhood. 

Agreed... but the pooch was already screwed when we allowed a single 2,600 square foot restaurant with nineteen tables to have eleven surface parking spots that front the street, so I guess a drive-thru isn't going to make matters much worse.   I thought Nashville had learned it's lesson... always two steps forward one step back with this city it seems.  I've always had such high hopes that the narrow triangular piece of land this restaurant sits within could become a real unique centerpiece for a vibrant, active, unique neighborhood... sort of a walkable secondary restaurant/bar district that caters to Vandy students, if you will... kinda hard to achieve that though when half of it is asphalt.  Nashville has made so many strides over the past couple decades, but there still seems to be an element that thinks priority number one is not building spaces and neighborhoods that people want to be, but rather, making sure there's always a place to put your car so that you don't have to walk a few feet.  I'm sure Velvet Taco is a fine establishment, but the layout of this location is extremely disappointing.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Oh geez.   This was my point that the rendering seemed to show a small floor plan surrounded by a car-oriented lot that didn’t fit in the Broadway site.    This is reminiscent of the old Checkers location on Broadway.    Out of character with the surrounding  urban streetscape.    How did this get approved?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1