Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21067224/residential-project-eyed-for-west-end-park

the above project looks like it is back on. Developers have sent out notice to nearby residents, and there is a zoom meeting April 1st for feedback. Design has changed a bit, and I’ll upload a new picture if I get a chance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2021 at 5:07 PM, samsonh said:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21067224/residential-project-eyed-for-west-end-park

the above project looks like it is back on. Developers have sent out notice to nearby residents, and there is a zoom meeting April 1st for feedback. Design has changed a bit, and I’ll upload a new picture if I get a chance. 

Location Map1024_1.jpg

Edited by samsonh
Trying and failing to upload scan!
  • Like 3

Love the retail included. I have wondered why the other developments have not included retail as this intersection permits commercial per neighborhood plan. It’s the only intersection that does. Fingers crossed that 31st and Burch will as well whenever it turns over.  In my opinion, having a neighborhood corner coffee shop or restaurant could help return these blocks to a neighborhood. 

I love the massing, as well. I think this one is a win. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BNAfan said:

Love the retail included. I have wondered why the other developments have not included retail as this intersection permits commercial per neighborhood plan. It’s the only intersection that does. Fingers crossed that 31st and Burch will as well whenever it turns over.  In my opinion, having a neighborhood corner coffee shop or restaurant could help return these blocks to a neighborhood. 

I love the massing, as well. I think this one is a win. 

I also like the retail/restaurant component. I dislike the fact that the Odyssey is all short term rental. But it will be nice for that block to regain some life. And I share your feelings about 31st/Burch.

Edited by samsonh
  • Like 1

And more from the NBJ:  https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/29/2nd-and-peabody.html

Vanderbilt also noted that since the initial quiet phase of the campaign began in the fall, the university has already secured $200 million of its $300 million goal. There’s a $100 million commitment from the university, $90 million from anonymous donors and a $10 million lead gift from John Ingram, a board of trust member, the owner of Nashville Soccer Club and a longtime supporter of Vanderbilt Athletics.  Vanderbilt is now reaching out to the broader university community to garner support.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, samsonh said:

I also like the retail/restaurant component. I dislike the fact that the Odyssey is all short term rental. But it will be nice for that block to regain some life. And I share your feelings about 31st/Burch.

No longer STR, as most if not all of the units are for sale and at a high price point with 40% presold.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

No longer STR, as most if not all of the units are for sale and at a high price point with 40% presold.

I think this might be wrong. They are marketing it as for sale STR units. So you would buy and then STR it out. The website and all marketing seems to indicate this is the case. The marketing slogan is "Their Nashville adventure, your odyssey."

https://odysseyatthepark.com/

6 hours ago, samsonh said:

I think this might be wrong. They are marketing it as for sale STR units. So you would buy and then STR it out. The website and all marketing seems to indicate this is the case. The marketing slogan is "Their Nashville adventure, your odyssey."

https://odysseyatthepark.com/

Something is not right about what I heard. One thing for sure is the units are for sale and they seem to be marketing as STRs as well. If I were an owner sure as heck would not want a bunch of STRs in my building.

4 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Something is not right about what I heard. One thing for sure is the units are for sale and they seem to be marketing as STRs as well. If I were an owner sure as heck would not want a bunch of STRs in my building.

Completely agreed. Nightmare scenario

I wonder, as we continue to build out more and more hotel rooms at the viability of all these STRs. I'm definitely old school, but I'd rather stay at a hotel, with all its services, than an STR. I like being close to the "action" and not a 15 minute walk or $10 Uber ride away. I also wonder at how pricing will work when you shift from a single STR entity owning 200 units to perhaps 100 owners trying make the same 200 units profitable. They could undercut each other to the point of making the hotels look not so bad.

• Like 1

I am fine with staying at a STR in a resort area, i.e.. Moab, Jackson WY, etc. but I will never do one in a so called party city like Nashville or Miami. I really think you can pick and choose where you want to be in some cities, but Nashville is a crap shoot and I would not want to be in a building with a bunch of Animal House partiers.

The locations of some of these STR's really surprises me too. Some are in neighborhoods that are not that great and people think they can just walk in the middle of the night to downtown and be safe.

• Like 1

It's true they compete, but not directly. The extended stay hotels are comparable but they're hard for investors to buy and only a few are in the core.  Often STRs are a lot cheaper per person than hotel rooms and available for longer periods of time. Plus they're often better laid out for groups with multiple bathrooms, a commons area and kitchen. For investors they're also a good real estate investment if you can find well-built, newer construction with amenities like garages and pools. When they're done being used for commercial purposes, they can be sold to individuals for their residences. 

• Like 1

The midtown property at 220 15th Avenue just north of Church St. that had been slated for a hotel 4 years ago, is now up for sale again at  $7.95 million. The empty lot which spans 1.2 acres was won in an auction by Shaar Forero Properties  for $5.2 million a few months ago.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146892/midtown-parcels-acquired-at-auction-now-for-sale

220 15th Ave North, April 1, 2021, site aerial 1.png

220 15th Ave North, April 1, 2021, site aerial 2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1