Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

20 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Well there goes your cultural/correctional district idea, @smeagolsfree 😋

This is on an 810-acre site and not on the old state prison site I do not think. The state owns a lot of land on Cockrill Bend and the prison site is still for sale, I think. It is also only 117 acres or so.

Cockrill Bend — Kline Swinney Associates (ksarchitects.com)

4 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Will this project, as designed, require any zoning change? If not, will public input be involved in the process at all?

The project team is seeking an SP, so it will go through the exact same process as Bellemeade Plaza. The only question remains is how contentious will this one be versus Bellemeade Plaza.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I may be underestimating it, but I don’t see this being as contentious since it’s mainly the front of the property being redeveloped (at 6 floors by my count). The existing back apartment building is 4 floors with the back neighboring condos 5 floors. The only other  residential  neighboring housing is Chowning Square, lackluster aging apartments.  The Chowning Square property owner may actually like this as opening the door to redevelopment of their site. They could also chop off a floor (and look magnanimous) which wouldn’t surprise me.  Most savvy developers come in asking for more than they expect to get.

The development at Belle Meade Plaza also didn’t seem to offer anything directly appealing to the nearby residents while this will offer a gleaming, large new Kroger replacing a small crappy one. I like the Publix across the street, but parking there can be a challenge M-F due to the medical offices above it. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

4400 Charlotte Ave. has changed hands again for $3 million.  It has been home to a Smokin'. Thighs for a few years, but will now beomce another restaurant if the new owners--Anthony Sanfilippo and Jake Sudduth--get their wish. 

"We will actively look for a restaurant operator that will be a good fit," Sanfilippo told the Post. "The space is in great shape and all the kitchen equipment will stay with the building."

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/pinewood-social-owner-buys-again-in-sylvan-park/article_168ceb92-5efe-11ee-ba44-3bb9b12b69c0.html

Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 8.15.13 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alta Lofts on the Levee (5 stories, 325 units, internal garage) update for 5 acres at 210 Cumberland Bend Rd.  We now know that developer Wood Partners paid $12.8 million for the site.  It had previously been purchased for $7.1 million in 2020 by Dore Frog LLC.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-permit-sought-for-sobro-marriott-project/article_3f4899ae-5f0e-11ee-aded-4b9da39e373f.html

• Like 2

The recently opened Novel Harpeth Heights (4 stories, 322 units on 22 acres SW of the I-40 Old Hickory Blvd. exit) has just been sold to TA Realty for $99.34 million by developer Crescent Communities.  

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/10/09/ta-realty-pays-99-million-bellevue-apartment.html

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 12.27.58 PM.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The recently opened Novel Harpeth Heights (4 stories, 322 units on 22 acres SW of the I-40 Old Hickory Blvd. exit) has just been sold to TA Realty for $99.34 million by developer Crescent Communities.  

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/10/09/ta-realty-pays-99-million-bellevue-apartment.html

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 12.27.58 PM.png

This site previously housed a Sam's Club, a Sam's club gas station, and the associated enormous parking lot. I'm glad we traded that extremely inefficient land use for 322 units of housing. A huge upgrade in my opinion!

• Like 3

On 10/5/2023 at 8:32 AM, markhollin said:

Nobles restaurant/bar will be opening a 2nd Nashville location at 2222 Rosa L. Parks Blvd. in the 222RPB complex (formerly Fountain Square). It will be one of the first sit down restaurants in MetroCenter in quite some time. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/east-nashville-restaurant-sports-bar-to-open-second-location/article_1a0a35e8-62fc-11ee-a2e5-6f2f37d7afbf.html

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 8.27.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 8.28.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 8.28.15 AM.png

They need to bring back the Fat Tuesday's that was located in one of those pavilions over the water.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2023 at 8:32 AM, markhollin said:

Nobles restaurant/bar will be opening a 2nd Nashville location at 2222 Rosa L. Parks Blvd. in the 222RPB complex (formerly Fountain Square). It will be one of the first sit down restaurants in MetroCenter in quite some time. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/east-nashville-restaurant-sports-bar-to-open-second-location/article_1a0a35e8-62fc-11ee-a2e5-6f2f37d7afbf.html

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 8.27.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 8.28.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 8.28.15 AM.png

I hope it has some street presence.  Having the shops and such hidden behind that bleak street facade and only opening out on the lake was always a disaster for tenants as few folks knew they were back there.  The concept IMO has always been a dismal failure.

• Like 1