Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

39 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Seeing all the projects underway and planned for West Trinity Lane/Buena Vista Pk, I ask if anyone here knows of plans to expand the road from Dickerson over to Clarksville Pk, or beyond. 

It's already 4 traffic lanes and a turn lane, how much more could it expand? The city really should be looking at more ways to cross the river as Trinity/Buena Vista is the ONLY way for all these residents to move in and out. It's going to be a cluster once all this new development comes on line

• Like 3

Those were my thoughts and that was the plan with the Ewing project, however the cost outweighs the benefits 

IMO I think. A lot of the folks up there are opposed to more growth as well. There was a lot of pushback on those bridges if memory serves me. The cost alone was one factor.

• Like 1

Work is underway on an industrial park to eventually offer nine Class A buildings with a collective 1.8 million square feet and being undertaken by San Francisco-based logistics giant Prologis.

Phase one of what will be called Prologis City View will offer three buildings (and a collective approximately 566,200 square feet) and is tentatively slated to be finished in December. In October 2021, Prologis paid $54 million for the West Davidson County site on which the nine warehouses will be located .

The 123.3-acre property offers an address of 7228 Centennial Blvd. and overlooks the Cumberland River. Ford Motor Co. was the seller of the site, which is located near John C. Tune Airport.

A late 2026 completion for the entire project is being targeted.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/work-starts-on-major-west-side-industrial-park/article_02f7272c-a9b9-11ee-80e1-8f7378517a30.html

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 1.10.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 1.11.09 PM.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Those were my thoughts and that was the plan with the Ewing project, however the cost outweighs the benefits 

IMO I think. A lot of the folks up there are opposed to more growth as well. There was a lot of pushback on those bridges if memory serves me. The cost alone was one factor.

Apparently the folks who are opposed to growth missed all the zoning hearings because it's happening. The question is how is the city going to (mis)manage all the growth? Baffling to me how Metro continues to put its head in the sand regarding growth along the pikes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GregH said:

Got to check out the roof of Thrive at City Heights tonight (on Clifton). Great skyline view!IMG_8021.thumb.jpeg.6bf0a88d8508413dbdb19860ae81eaac.jpeg

Amazing shot!  Thanks for sharing!  The craziest part of this shot is that practically none of these highrises were there like ten years ago.   Nashville just sort of casually added the equivalent of three Raleighs to it's skyline in that time span.  lol

• Like 4