Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Liviano Nations (3, 4, and 5 stories, 319 units) update: first structure topped-out.

Looking NE from Dr. Walter S. Davis Blvd, 1/8 block east of 40th Ave. North:

Liviano Nations, July 15, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking north from Dr. Walter S. Davis Blvd., 1/4 block east of 40th Ave. North:

Liviano Nations, July 15, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from Dr. Walter S. Davis Blvd., 1/2 block east of 40th Ave. North:

Liviano Nations, July 15, 2023,3.jpeg

• Like 3

One’s priorities might be different than someone else’s. Not every little wrong can be corrected at once, maybe in Metro’s opinion this roundabout was needed to slow down traffic or stop people from blowing a stop sign. We all have gripes and grievances that we would like addressed, but that doesn’t necessarily make it a priority.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

One’s priorities might be different than someone else’s. Not every little wrong can be corrected at once, maybe in Metro’s opinion this roundabout was needed to slow down traffic or stop people from blowing a stop sign. We all have gripes and grievances that we would like addressed, but that doesn’t necessarily make it a priority.

People are blowing stop signs more now with these in than they were before because the simultaneous stop sign/roundabout combo obviously confuses and distracts drivers

There could be some statewide PSAs to instruct how to drive thru roundabouts. We have many roundabouts here. They’ve been here over a decade. Just this morning I was behind someone who stopped at one when there were no other cars entering from the other 3 sides. And it was a young person… but from Bradley county. I know it happens a lot with sr. citizens who get nervous if things appear to move too fast. 

It is also probably easier to install these roundabouts then do sidewalks. Much of the trouble with sidewalks is stormwater and how building a sidewalk needs to mitigate it. Not saying that one should be a priority over the other, but the way roads are built, these are probably quite easy to implement. 

It's almost like mandatory Driver's Ed would go a long way...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderOne said:

Nations roundabout update, the people have spoken and they are not happy. 

I actually went to a public comment session on this. In...2019. It was held at Fat Bottom.

I actually think this was technically a "bikeways" project providing traffic calming for "bike boulevard" routes which is why a bunch of dumb sharrows and then Georgia ave. bikelane were done at the same time.

Also, if we're posting our work prioritization pet peeves: why is metro repaving alleyways in the Nations? Seems like those should be at the bottom of any list as long as trash trucks are still able to navigate them at like 5mph.

Edited by GregH
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

There could be some statewide PSAs to instruct how to drive thru roundabouts. We have many roundabouts here. They’ve been here over a decade. Just this morning I was behind someone who stopped at one when there were no other cars entering from the other 3 sides. And it was a young person… but from Bradley county. I know it happens a lot with sr. citizens who get nervous if things appear to move too fast. 

My main issue isn't with the roundabout itself, it's with the fact that stop signs still remain adjacent to them, and people are blowing past them now. Only a matter of time before a wreck happens. 

Also, these were put into streets that are not wide. If someone parks a vehicle along the street too close to the roundabout, it becomes a sketchy endeavor going through it.

I have no issues with roundabouts. I have issues with THESE roundabouts.  And I'm not the only one, apparently.

3 minutes ago, GregH said:

I actually went to a public comment session on this. In...2019. It was held at Fat Bottom.

How many people attended? What comments were made about them?

1 minute ago, ThunderOne said:

How many people attended? What comments were made about them?

It was actually a lot of people. I don't think it was super specific about what was going to be built, more like "of traffic calming options, what sort of things would you like, and where?" The main thing I remember from it was that everyone hated the idea of speedbumps/humps.

• Like 1

The reconstruction of Goodlettsville Elementary School is complete. The school system will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony on July 25 to celebrate the completion of the two-year project. Students have been learning at the former Gra-Mar Middle School while construction has been underway. The 82,000-square-foot, two-story building features four small communities with technology-rich learning environments and will serve over 540 students.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/07/21/deal-dash-metrocenter-apartments-new-cancer-center.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GregH said:

I hope they don't cut down that cool tree on the corner.

Yeah, I agree. But they already cut down the two very nice magnolias for no reason (they'd be in the buffer outside the parking lot in that plan), but left so much of the trunk that one of them actually survived, as you can see on the right side of Mark's photo. The "progress" on this site has been bizarre. They removed the old building but left glass and debris strewn everywhere, then parked a bunch of new Ford Transits in there right on top of all the glass, then built a fence around the whole thing, then removed the Ford Transits, and here we are.

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Sad 1