Vistas On The James

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walk to my food?! Then walk back where I'd have to warm it up? I don'tsee that area able to support a lot of traffic. Is the deck open to only people who live and work there? I'd be mad if I had to TRY to find parking on Cary to walk all the way down there for a sub and then climb the hill back. I don't see Richmonder's going to this one place in droves so far from everything else.

Walk to my food?! Then walk back where I'd have to warm it up? I don'tsee that area able to support a lot of traffic. Is the deck open to only people who live and work there? I'd be mad if I had to TRY to find parking on Cary to walk all the way down there for a sub and then climb the hill back. I don't see Richmonder's going to this one place in droves so far from everything else.

Aas, I guess they'll miss your patronage waaaay down there 2 blocks from the Slip. :)

Of course, if you buy that penthouse, you wouldn't have to walk very far to warm up your take-out dinner. :lol:

When are you sending me those winning lotto tickets?

It's kind of more than 2 blocks... Cary, then Canal, then Byrd, then walking longer than a normal city block, then back up hill. But then again... I did walk that whole area parking at Cary and Shockoe Slip, Canal and Virginia, and even as far away as Pear and Cary (and boy was I sore after that one).

When are you sending me those winning lotto tickets?

It's kind of more than 2 blocks... Cary, then Canal, then Byrd, then walking longer than a normal city block, then back up hill. But then again... I did walk that whole area parking at Cary and Shockoe Slip, Canal and Virginia, and even as far away as Pear and Cary (and boy was I sore after that one).

Not to mention clamboring all over those railway trestles. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You can access it here:

Vistas Cam

Hey, thanks, Eric. That's quite a comprehensive view of a big chunk of downtown, Tobacco Row, Mayo Island and the flood wall on south shore and Manchester beyond. And at this hour, heavy rush hour traffic on all roads.

I don't see any cranes whatsoever near Edgeworth in Tobacco Row.

I wish someone could tell us if any kind of renovation is taking place at Southern States at the south end of Mayo's Bridge. The old silo building looks great from this cam's pov.

There's a passenger train approaching Main Street Station at the moment, but it's either traveling at about 5 miles an hour or completely stalled on the trestle in front of The Edgeworth building. Best view is to scroll down to the crane shot.

Its back up again! :lol:

untitled125wp.png

There's a passenger train approaching Main Street Station at the moment, but it's either traveling at about 5 miles an hour or completely stalled on the trestle in front of The Edgeworth building. Best view is to scroll down to the crane shot.

Aha! So it was you who was controlling it when I was getting a shot of Edgeworth! You were looking in the direction of the train! :lol:

I wish someone could tell us if any kind of renovation is taking place at Southern States at the south end of Mayo's Bridge. The old silo building looks great from this cam's pov.

Im a bit confused on how the Southern States silos would get renovated. "Hi, I live in a silo?"

That's so cool! I can't believe they actually let you control the camera. :w00t: The Harbor Heights webcam doesn't let you do that, so we're stuck looking at indiscernible floor boards and concrete most of the time.

:lol: I'm surprised that thing doesn't break from all of us fighting for control. It's got some great views of downtown and Monroe. Whoever gets that perch will be lucky.

Damn! That Amtrak train is still just sitting there! And it's less than a mile from Main Street Station. I'll bet the passengers at MSS are exasperated, not to mention those at Staples Mill Station and other stops enroute to New York City.

Damn! That Amtrak train is still just sitting there! And it's less than a mile from Main Street Station. I'll bet the passengers at MSS are exasperated, not to mention those at Staples Mill Station and other stops enroute to New York City.

At least they get a view :P

Vdogg, we have other cams that are mobile. Try VCU Ram Cams.

Well, of course, it doen't highlight for me due to my ineptitude, but if you go to the second page of Richmond topics and hit page 2 of VCU developments, coupe on 10/12/05 at 6:15PM has put in those same three words - VCU Ram Cams - and if you hit it, six different web cams on VCU's campuses will come alive.

80% of the Condos have been sold... and there will be retail space along the canal.

I hope the condos haven't been sold to "flippers". People tell me that due to that situation ROTJ has only about 40 occupants though all the units were sold.

And thank goodness retail will be included on the canal level of Vistas! But then, they said that about ROTJ, didn't they?

Archived