Vistas On The James

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some glass is on site. Nothing has been installed as of yet. The color of the glass is very similar to what is shown on the rendering. This is going to be a beautiful struture when enclosed. According to the developers, building enclosure is expected by January 2007.

In addition, interior framing has started on the first floor (fronting the Canal).

• 2 weeks later...

I made frequent visits to the site checking on construction. I'm not fond of the "sheet brick" used a lot these days, but it's going to be a handsome building.

Approaching downtown from Manchester on the Lee Bridge, Vistas doesn't have much impact on the skyline. It is so low on the river bank, compared to other buildings, that it's present 15 stories (3 to go) doesn't make much of an impression. Maybe the finished building will be more outstanding.

I have some interesting comments on Lady Bird and am trying to decide in which thread I should post them.

Archived